Forming pit building group in CA for BS

rocketeer

Recently CAT 101 and I began discussing about pit building for BlackShark, talking about the panels, the switches, buttons, how they should work, how to build them etc. As both of us are located in North California, we are looking for others in CA to join the group.

We hope to collaborate ideas, share sketches, learn from each other, chat through MSN, teamspeak etc. Of course this great forum is still a resource of inspiration and ideas for us. eg. Triggerhappy has been sharing his wonderful progress. But it'd be even better if we can meet up physically within decent driving distance, get together and talk about the various switches, buttons, dimension, layout etc. and show our stuff to each other and analyse the challenges as a group.

Hope some of you will join us! :smilewink:

• Like 1

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have big budget, and nothing outrageous planned (yet!). We're not pulling money together to share a pit. It is individual pit. We are just trying to share ideas and learn from each other to build our own pit, which may be just a few switches or a few panels, depends on the individual's buget, time availability, (spousal approval) etc. We're not trying to build a 100% replica of BS cockpit.

Even if you don't plan to build something for BS, or you're not in the Bay Area, eg. you're in LA or Nevada. As long as you like to talk about pit building, and roughly around the same time zone with us, we'd like to hear from you. But anyone else further away is welcome to join us too, it's just that discussing in teamspeak will be more of a challenge if the time zone is too far apart at night.

have to start from scratch. tear it all dow and start with a new idea. O and make sure you dont tear down till you are ready to. I made that mistake 5 years ago. Here is my new desine for BS. Made this up real quick in paint to start with.

Pit%20for%20KA-50a.JPG

Going to make it in three parts so I can move it if need be. will probly do the chair and back pannels next. I plan on using the KE72 from Hagstrom. if I have enough $$$ I will stack two for 144 switches.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Recently CAT 101 and I began discussing about pit building for BlackShark, talking about the panels, the switches, buttons, how they should work, how to build them etc. As both of us are located in North California, we are looking for others in CA to join the group.

We hope to collaborate ideas, share sketches, learn from each other, chat through MSN, teamspeak etc. Of course this great forum is still a resource of inspiration and ideas for us. eg. Triggerhappy has been sharing his wonderful progress. But it'd be even better if we can meet up physically within decent driving distance, get together and talk about the various switches, buttons, dimension, layout etc. and show our stuff to each other and analyse the challenges as a group.

Hope some of you will join us! :smilewink:

GOOD IDEA..! And a really good initiative..! Us "pit-Buidling lunatics"

.. eeehh.. I live in Norway..? But I would really really like to join your group even though it will be through MSN..?

As far as drawings go.. I use solidworks 2008. I can probably convert the drawings to whatever you want. But if you add me to MSN I'll just dump them in our shared folder.. Much easyer.!

As of right now I have finished the drawings for all the "wood-works" that make up my Cockpit. And the panels you see on my thread.. The APU panel is just about finished in two versions.. One for those with limited tools (read as dremel and knife). And one for those lucky enough to have accsess to a cnc router..

Pm me your MSN adress mate..?

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this limited to the Pit of the Ka-50? or can there be other pits? I have just started planning an F/A-18 Pit of my own, and some advice would be cool, but if not, that's fine.

EDIT: What about creating an entire Lockon/DCS pit-building forum? (just an idea)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Is this limited to the Pit of the Ka-50? or can there be other pits? I have just started planning an F/A-18 Pit of my own, and some advice would be cool, but if not, that's fine.

EDIT: What about creating an entire Lockon/DCS pit-building forum? (just an idea)

Hey Aeroscout, which part of the states are u in?

You are welcome to join us! Both CAT101 and i plan to do the ka-50 pit. But we'd love to have any member onboard. It doesn't matter what pit you want to build, or have no intention to build one! As long as you enjoy discussing about the various aspects of pit building, like frame building, wiring, component testing, IO card selection/coding etc., welcome aboard! There is strength in numbers, and no one knows everything, and everyone knows something or has some ideas for others. It's an informal group. Independent of what you plan to build, we can talk about your/my panel, components etc.

GOOD IDEA..! And a really good initiative..! Us "pit-Buidling lunatics"

.. eeehh.. I live in Norway..? But I would really really like to join your group even though it will be through MSN..?

Triggerhappy, it'd be an honour to have you onboard. I think you have much more experience than us in pit building, with you CAD, resin moulding, opencockpit components etc. skills, i think you can act as our advisor! :smilewink:

I'd PM you our MSN addresses.

Wonderful!!!

I think the forum would be a good idea because more people from around the world can dump info, pics, and what not there with out having to worry about timezones.

I'm from New England (east coast) so time zones are a small factor for me.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

I have Janes F/A-18 and the graphics don't work very well with the newer ATI cards.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

Ka-50 simpit

Hello guys,

Here is my first messages and I send to you some pictures of my Ka-50 simpit.

It's not finish yet, I am still waiting the windscreen from my carpenter !

For info, all the switches are not effective ( No IO-cars used !!). I have build this first cockpit only to be in a realistic environement. I use only two programable X-key

Enjoy

Razorback

PS : Sorry for my english !;)

503903272_09_18novembre(3).thumb.JPG.5fdce6d6ef0edc6209d105726deece64.JPG

2003579771_09_18novembre(4).thumb.JPG.90e062b6c7296ef392e403cad4ed941c.JPG

2045818609_12_03dcembre(2).thumb.JPG.787f101857da1e4587c8d1f5557e2aaf.JPG

Hello guys,

Here is my first messages and I send to you some pictures of my Ka-50 simpit.

It's not finish yet, I am still waiting the windscreen from my carpenter !

For info, all the switches are not effective ( No IO-cars used !!). I have build this first cockpit only to be in a realistic environement. I use only two programable X-key

Enjoy

Razorback

PS : Sorry for my english !;)

Hey razorback..! Good to see you here finally..! Welcome To the pitbuilding "nut-house".. :pilotfly:

Again.. You have done qiute a job building the cockpit.. impressive..!

Do you plan on making the switches and instruments work at a later point? You would be WAY ahead of the rest if us if you did... I mean... you allready have a sweet lookin' pit to sit in.. The rst is just some soldering and a couple of wires and some programing and a little bit of swearing and sweating and nights awake.... Aaaargh..! WHY am I looking forwards to that..?:cry:

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thoes thing require me to do thing that will hurt or just plain be a pain in the @$$ for a game I no longer play. I am relearning F4AF to get me back into the flight sims agin.

Triggerhappy69 OMFG how much you going to ask and will they be working gauges?

SWEEEET..! Get to work man..! You know what we need..! :music_whistling:

like this?:thumbup:

ka50.jpg

dont know if the diametres are right, got no examples to make a good

gauge, made them 2".

also i cant read the text on the gauges aswell.

so if peeps have some good photos of these gauges i would be very happy

natco