F-14B AIRIO Radio Tune

streakeagle

252 decimal 5, for example, doesn't have any "0"s or "O"'s included

Should i need to say "Radio Tune 2 5 2 decimal 5 O" then, as that doesn't appear to work either. I just get "Radio Tune 252.5 O" or "Radio Tune 252.50" depending on length of pause before saying "O"

Understood - will have a try later and see if I can give you any other pointers

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

As I show in the Video you can actually say ...'decimal' '0-9' 'Zero'. Or even 'decimal' 'Zero' 'Zero', but you don't have to and you are complicating the voice recognition. You can just say ...'decimal' 'Zero' or ...'decimal' '0-9'. You can never say 'decimal' 'Zero' 'Zero' 'Zero' or 'decimal' '0-9' 'Zero' 'Zero'.

As I show in the Video you can actually say ...'decimal' '0-9' 'Zero'. Or even 'decimal' 'Zero' 'Zero', but you don't have to and you are complicating the voice recognition. You can just say ...'decimal' 'Zero' or ...'decimal' '0-9'. You can never say 'decimal' 'Zero' 'Zero' 'Zero' or 'decimal' '0-9' 'Zero' 'Zero'.

That's awesome thanks.

As my issue appeared to be that i was getting a "." instead of "decimal", i have tried saying "radio tune 252 literal decimal numeral 5" and that appears to insert a correctly formatted frequency into the VA log. However, it is still marked in yellow as unrecognised.

There might be something else going on, perhaps in my settings, that is making this such a PITA.

See screenie of my VA Log below

Edit: btw, how do your radio tune commands appear in the VA Log? As "radio tune 132.55" or "radio tune 132 decimal 55" for example.

1464833238_VAlog.jpg.90e1f74698150a5d7f4831eb9bc448c8.jpg

Edited by Greyman

This is my VA Log:

attachment.php?attachmentid=240875&stc=1&d=1592999911

(Mind you that DCS was not running, hence the AIRIO not avaiable message)

Edit your profile and make sure you have this block of commands there:

attachment.php?attachmentid=240876&stc=1&d=1592999911

If you haven't you have skipped over this and must follow the instructions in the Vaicom manual to add them.

VA1.jpg.7dcad8450eb82ec7c8d4eda3e30692e9.jpg

VA2.thumb.jpg.e7dfc6398d8b66b0f646e44b02edc422.jpg

Thanks for that @lxsapper

I did follow that part of the installation instructions and my profile looks just like your screen dump. I also have the extended command set checkbox checked on the preferences tab, but i will go back through the instructions and see if i might have missed something.

Well, I've just checked through the instructions for installing both VP and AIRIO and do not appear to have missed anything.

I have also reset the keywords, with no apparent change to my issue.

Is there anything else that might prevent what looks like a perfectly valid command from being recognised?

Sorry I can't think of anything more right now. The Keywords are actually irrelevant for the 'Radio Tune' command, as it's it's own command rather than be a part of the single command and includes most of Vaicom's commands. Beeing included in the profile it ought to be recognized.

I noticed a difference in our VA logs. mine are recognized as # # # (with spaces) yours are ###.

I'm positive the diference in recognition format is your problem, but I don't know the cause.

You are not saying is as "Two Hundred and Fifty Two..." per any chance, are you? Because you must say "Two Five Two...".

I'm saying "two five two", but as you say, there are no spaces between the digits as there is with your log. I'd assumed that as being a symptom of the unrecognised reporting.
This is a symptom because I also used to get it.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 7 months later...

Sorry to necro this post but I am desperate to get some sort of answer.

I am having the same problem where I can't get get the AIRIO to manually set radio frequencies.

I have tried every single suggested solution in this thread, and the only thing that got it to work is to change my language to English UK. I thought that was the end of my woes but just about every command needs to be re-mapped because I don't have an English dialect and no amount of speech training is fixing that.

I thought that resetting the LUA code would fix the problem to no avail. This is what my voiceattack looks like when I try to say "radio tune 1 2 5 decimal 0"

Halp.PNG

Everything else works flawlessly, and was installed precisely according to the manual. Even the TACAN and Link commands work, but this is the only thing that will absolutely not work (Unless if I change text to speech language, but I really do not have time to re-map 919 keywords).

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it

Edit: Here's my profile as well so you know I have the Airio extension added correctly

Halp2.PNG

Edited by warspitejr

I was never able to solve this so i am just using the default vaicomm select commamd.
I also contacted support but there was no way to solve.
Only a lot of time lost trying to troubleshoot.
Same exact situation, the speech is recognized correctly, but vaicomm won’t interpret it as it should
I nave the same issue with tacan tune xray (yankee works) never found the root cause.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

18 minutes ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

I put an additional line in the settings, duplicating the radio tune. 

I then swapped out radio tune for "said radio" (that is what my computer understands if I say set radio) and voila, almost 100 % success. 

Same with tacan and link. 

When you do this, do you just create a new command in the VAICOM profile and you copy the parameters in the one in the AIRIO extension? Just want to confirm before I try it

Edited by warspitejr

Ok, I think I seem to have found a fix thanks to Hornblower. So if you set your language to English (UK) then search "non-native" speaker in the windows search bar and select that option, it seems to work really well. Other commands with this language selected seem to be working as well

Ok, I think I seem to have found a fix thanks to Hornblower. So if you set your language to English (UK) then search "non-native" speaker in the windows search bar and select that option, it seems to work really well. Other commands with this language selected seem to be working as well

Windows language, or only the voice recognition in English (uk)?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I have resolved this issue before.  Its in the voiceattack and vaicom settings.  walk through the setup document and make sure the unrecognized-delay and stuff like that is set right.  dont mess with LUA or etc.  its not that deep an issue, as i recall.  sorry to not be more help, but i thought it important to add