Mi-28 ride

Piffer

I think it's a combined slip/AoA sensor and a velocity indicator for the pilot. Seems to only be effective above a certain speed threshold. Similar devices on the Apache and King Cobra:

http://www.sflorg.com/aviation/images/imav030607_01_02.jpg

http://worldnavy.info/photogallery/helicopters/ah-1z/ah-1z_02.jpg

Not sure though if it is there for flight testing only or serial production.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

The RuAF is finally taking delivery of its first two Mi-28Ns. They're going to the Torzhok test and training center. Here's the news video, with the first glimpse of a working HUD, pit and even a couple of MFD pages, including the TV targeting channel:

http://www.vesti.ru/videos?vid=119468

Not quite super, but not bad either.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

• 10 months later...

The Ka-50 was always my favourite, is a pitty not to have been the choice for the main army combat helicopter of RUAF.

The Mil-Mi 28 is the ugliest chopper i´ve ever seen in my life. Nothing like the Hind...

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I have not seen much but the 28 doesn't seem much agile.

Can be rolled and looped.

It has a hingeless, bearingless main rotor system to allow manouvering capability. The fully articulated rotor head of the Hind would come apart in a loop. Latest Mi-35M exported upgraded Hind like the ones Brazil is buying has Mi-28 rotors so it should be able to be looped and rolled too.

The AOA sensor on the nose of the Havoc is to determine the wind conditions. The fact that it is in the main rotor downwash is not important. For most unguided rockets much of the randomness of their flightpath (ie inaccuracy) comes from that first period when they accelerate from the rocket pod through the rotor downwash towards the target so having a sensor that records which way the air is flowing is useful to work out where the rockets might be heading. Obviously a laser guidance head as used with Ugroza would make more sense.

• 5 months later...

First operational Mi-28Ns, stationed in Budennovsk, Russia:

attachmentm.jpg

Full galley here:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/photo/viewcat_cid_364.html

Note the lack of any apparent defensive measures, including missing flare dispensers. <insert hundreds of forum postings about crazy Russians flying without RWR and even more crazy Eagle Dynamics modeling the Ka-50 without RWR>.

Yeah, maybe something will be bolted on later.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

• 2 weeks later...

In front view is like a Big Mickey Mouse Face with big ears ¡¡¡

Of course is only my personal oppinion.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I don't care what anyone says, the MI-28 is a beautiful bird. I hope we get it after the Apache A Model.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

The latest version possible with the info available to ED. Now I wish I had got to know the Havoc in EECH.

• Like 1

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I think we will see fast movers before the MI-28, but I hope it is put on the list and pretty high up, with left side right side cockpit MP of course ;)

Dusty Rhodes