New video: Fun with trains

• ED Team

Thanks for the comments.

Please be aware that i made this video in about 20 minutes the first time i ever put my hands on the beta of Black Shark (back in 2006!), so LOTS of stuff has changed since then! :)

And when i said i recorded "live", i didnt actually PLAY and record, but i didnt slow time down and record as i normally do. I recorded at normal speed, plus audio, so there is no editing involved what so ever other than cuts between clips.

GA: Even when you never planned to release it, it still looks great.

I try and fail, try and fail, try and fail, etc. etc..

At least you can try :)

It speaks highly of the sim that you can do this. I assume this means that we can land on destroyers and buildings as well?

So you can actually do an insertion by train. I like that idea Mr Bong (the stoner version of the famous MI-6 operative). Or is it something Jack Auer would do, land on a train that is about to crash, and hovering above the train when it derails on a bridge with enormous fireballs.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

So you can actually do an insertion by train. I like that idea Mr Bong (the stoner version of the famous MI-6 operative). Or is it something Jack Auer would do, land on a train that is about to crash, and hovering above the train when it derails on a bridge with enormous fireballs.

Nah. You do the Charlies Angels thing, where they're on a train that falls off a bridge . . . but it's OK, because they get into a helicopter and start it up while they're falling.

Actually . . . I'm going to bet the combination of those girls, that movie, and being stoned would be awesome :D

• Like 1

• ED Team

I assume this means that we can land on destroyers and buildings as well?

Correct, you can land pretty much anywhere you want, even try to balance the KA-50 with the nosewheel on top of a small civilan car :P

Is the train remade or I just got feeling looking at pretty Ka50 nearby? Lack of shadow on train from helo is probably because beta isn't dx9 ready yet, right? I can't see grandsurf textures. Why? Will this come with new built when they handle z-fighting issue?

...And one more. This video is so unrealistic ;) You know why?

Because this is an electric train :lol:

Hey! Where are the posts and lines?

Because this is an electric train :lol:

Hey! Where are the posts and lines?

I noticed it first I saw video, saw pantograph but where are powerlines?!:megalol:

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• ED Team
Is the train remade or I just got feeling looking at pretty Ka50 nearby? Lack of shadow on train from helo is probably because beta isn't dx9 ready yet, right? I can't see grandsurf textures. Why? Will this come with new built when they handle z-fighting issue?

Poko, read what i wrote regarding the video before hitting the download button and watching the video ;)

Notice how old the video actually is... it's from 2006 ;)

• Like 1

Yes, life of a Beta-tester isn't just fun and games.... Or so they try and make us believe :smilewink: For now, I wouldn't mind flying with this 'very old' version. At least I would be flying:pilotfly:

Thanks for the movie, great flying (and now we just wait for someone to try it in real life :P).

I noticed it first I saw video, saw pantograph but where are powerlines?!:megalol:

Ever seen Mission Impossible 2? Well, it's possible then.

Seems like the train has some kind of modular design, or is it me not having played lomac in ages?

When I saw the Charlie's Angels 2 trailer, I thought: woot, Ka-52, they might even eject out of it. And then came the lameness of the actual movie :(

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

• ED Team

Also watching the vid, graphicaly the engine does not seem to have changed a massive amount compared to FC ?

Check the link i provided above, and read the description about the video :)

I suggest reading the DCS FAQ carefully :)

I did......

And even in recent vids the same seems to be the case, nothing appears to have changed that much ( not that I have any huge complaints about FC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda