News about Mr Jester and Lantirn

Snakeice

True. That would help. Still glad someone posted anything.. personally for me the f14a/jester/lantirn/ai a6/ forrestal are very very important.

Not all of us want to *have* to purchase SC to get the full f14 experience. And I dont mean SC only stuff that applies to SC. I love the module and id be really sad if nothing else was added but its still IMO top 3 modules in DCS as is.

That said they originally did promise the forrestal and ai a6s. So when I say full tomcat experience I mean like deck crew, simple deck crew doing stuff (it really would help with a few things like lining up for the cat - more so knowing when to stop so the nosewheel is on the shuttle)

I fear that since ED made some pretty wild claims for SC that never materialized (2 years ago they were saying youd have a ready room/ops room and be able.to "walk" around the virtual carrier in parts. I almost was certain then itd never happen and it looks it wont)

If these things dont materialize ED is left with SCs more basic stuff. The animated seck crew and stuff do look awesome. ED beinf the bigger company in charge worries me that theyll tell HB not to do a forrestal. I mean if a free forrestal comes out with animated deck crew the SC is a 30 dollar bigger carrier.

30 dollars isnt worth more deck space to me. Whatsoever. The only thing that makes it even a thought is the deck crew and I cant do it.

IIRC the Forrestall wouldn't be free. You would have to have the Tomcat in order to unlock it's features. I'm sure you could place it in missions without owning the F-14 but I'm equally sure you wouldn't be able to land on it or launch from it otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

True. That would help. Still glad someone posted anything.. personally for me the f14a/jester/lantirn/ai a6/ forrestal are very very important.

Not all of us want to *have* to purchase SC to get the full f14 experience. And I dont mean SC only stuff that applies to SC. I love the module and id be really sad if nothing else was added but its still IMO top 3 modules in DCS as is.

That said they originally did promise the forrestal and ai a6s. So when I say full tomcat experience I mean like deck crew, simple deck crew doing stuff (it really would help with a few things like lining up for the cat - more so knowing when to stop so the nosewheel is on the shuttle)

I fear that since ED made some pretty wild claims for SC that never materialized (2 years ago they were saying youd have a ready room/ops room and be able.to "walk" around the virtual carrier in parts. I almost was certain then itd never happen and it looks it wont)

If these things dont materialize ED is left with SCs more basic stuff. The animated seck crew and stuff do look awesome. ED beinf the bigger company in charge worries me that theyll tell HB not to do a forrestal. I mean if a free forrestal comes out with animated deck crew the SC is a 30 dollar bigger carrier.

30 dollars isnt worth more deck space to me. Whatsoever. The only thing that makes it even a thought is the deck crew and I cant do it.

They said very clearly, that the features you mentioned will be added during the early access phase which started 7 days (!) ago... it is also mentioned in the patch notes/newsletter IIRC. So maybe a bit patience until the additional features "materialize" would be nice.

As for the Jester LANTIRN... yes, please I am waiting for any useful AFAC / CAS / Precision Strike missions the Bombcat was so famous for, since LANTIRN was announced.

I mean during it's service life it scared away russian bombers, shot down two(?) Libyan MiGs and trained Pilots at Top Gun AND made an introduction as a fantastic AFAC and strike platform. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The fact that Jester can operate LANTRIN is an important priority for me. The F-14 is still my favorite airplane for a moment. It's just fun with it, here you can really feel the flies, and all perfect Bombcat she would remain my favorite for a long time.

It would be really good to hear something from the developers. An update to the other open points would also be desirable.

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

• 1 year later...
On 5/27/2020 at 12:41 PM, Stingray 1-1 Mongo said:

IIRC the Forrestall wouldn't be free. You would have to have the Tomcat in order to unlock it's features. I'm sure you could place it in missions without owning the F-14 but I'm equally sure you wouldn't be able to land on it or launch from it otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

is that a fact? I thought it was going to be free for all like the Tarawa... Altho best of both worlds would be: no SC you get a Stenis functionality, but if you do have the SC then the forrestall inherits its treats...

Edited by Baco

On 6/28/2021 at 5:46 AM, Baco said:

is that a fact? I thought it was going to be free for all like the Tarawa... Altho best of both worlds would be nos SC you get a Stenis functionality, but if you do have the SC then teh forrestall inherits its treats...

Free - details here:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria