Slam steer

ebabil

I watched Wags' and Grimm Reaper's tutorial videos and then I made some tests.

Steering this missile gets very hard as it gets close its target. Tends to go down even though I try to make it go some meters up. Maybe it's because of it looses its energy so can't go that way. So what is the ideal steering tactic? How many miles, direction etc?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I just tried the missile so I haven't mastered it but after launch you should steer 45° off missile course, use aft antenna accordingly if the image gets too blurry.

When on terminal approach, it was easier if the missile flight altitude was on high since the terminal approach is shallower but keep seeker head activation at at least 10 miles in that case.

Then steering the missile itself on terminal was quite easy in my opinion, the real issue I think is the video quality but if I were to say what I did:

I started to steer the missile down when it entered terminal phase and most importantly: before I even saw the target, this gives more time I guess.

Then I placed the steering queue just slightly above the target on the vertical scale.

Then I adjusted the flight on the horizontal axis to align myself on the target.

Finally I steered the missile down on the target itself and did small adjustments as expected.

Just my 2 cents, adapt your tactics as it suits you.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

It is inaccurate without controlling. Controlling is the real deal.

There are variants of this weapon that are true fire and forget if I am correct. But these are not in DCS modelled.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

It is inaccurate without controlling. Controlling is the real deal.

There are variants of this weapon that are true fire and forget if I am correct. But these are not in DCS modelled.

its easy to control IF you are close to the missile otherwise you'll get bad signal. I can't hit anything when i launch it in fire and forget

its easy to control IF you are close to the missile otherwise you'll get bad signal. I can't hit anything when i launch it in fire and forget

Yes, I found it to be pretty awful when left to its own devices too, always misses by enough of a distance to do no damage to the intended target. Hopefully the SLAM-ER is much better when that gets added (I believe its on the roadmap?)

I have question about the SLAM steer!

Everything works ok for me with the setting of the weapon and even with the discplay activation, but my problem is that i can't steer the weapon manually, as i know it from the 802AKG from the JF17, there everything works fine!

I try to steer with TDC after i selected the display with datalink active, but i am not able to even correct the weapon a little bit. Can someone please explain me, where the problem might be? Is it right to use the TDC digital buttons (i tried both also the analog, which e.g. works fine for the radar)ß did i undeerstand it right, that you only can steer it in the last few seconds, so the target data must be very precise already? How to switch between manual steer and IR seeker, to let it track moving targets for example?

It would be great, if someone could tell me, if i diod something wrong,, or if that is a bug maybe!

Thx in advance!

I have question about the SLAM steer!

Everything works ok for me with the setting of the weapon and even with the discplay activation, but my problem is that i can't steer the weapon manually, as i know it from the 802AKG from the JF17, there everything works fine!

I try to steer with TDC after i selected the display with datalink active, but i am not able to even correct the weapon a little bit. Can someone please explain me, where the problem might be? Is it right to use the TDC digital buttons (i tried both also the analog, which e.g. works fine for the radar)ß did i undeerstand it right, that you only can steer it in the last few seconds, so the target data must be very precise already? How to switch between manual steer and IR seeker, to let it track moving targets for example?

It would be great, if someone could tell me, if i diod something wrong,, or if that is a bug maybe!

Thx in advance!

Hold TDC depress as you slew it, like a maverick

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2