MFG 3d printed combat pedals

Nice Mod/paint job, looks great!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 2 weeks later...
Wish the mail service worked as fast as you! You will be 5gens ahead by the time mine make it through the system ! :-)

Yeah, same here to the UK.

By the way the red spring adjustment looks absolutely spot on, you really are on a roll with all these mods you're doing, Hegykc

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Yeah, same here to the UK.

By the way the red spring adjustment looks absolutely spot on, you really are on a roll with all these mods you're doing, Hegykc

Same here I guess that's why they call it snail mail, it's really slow.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

It's the pandemic. By this point I have 1500 packages from Aliexpress, and over 500 from ebay. Never had stuff take longer then 3 weeks, not even from China. Now it's 1 month from EU countries, and 2 months from China.

2 weeks ago I ordered a used Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick from Hungary, from a friend. It is 100 miles away from me. Still hasn't arrived.

Anyway I have made a deal with someone from Australia to 3d print these directly, and also someone from US. So no more waiting from next month onwards.

Good to hear

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

It's the pandemic. By this point I have 1500 packages from Aliexpress, and over 500 from ebay. Never had stuff take longer then 3 weeks, not even from China. Now it's 1 month from EU countries, and 2 months from China.

2 weeks ago I ordered a used Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick from Hungary, from a friend. It is 100 miles away from me. Still hasn't arrived.

Anyway I have made a deal with someone from Australia to 3d print these directly, and also someone from US. So no more waiting from next month onwards.

Outstanding move! This should remedy the currently slow postal service deliveries.

Spoiler:

All new EU based test units are in the mail. All Australia and US testing units will soon be made locally and shipped from there, so we don't have to rely on air shipping which is not working due to the pandemic. So I have about 10 testing units left if anyone from EU wants them, pm me.

I think the hydraulic dampers are another winner. The main axis hydraulic damper just takes it to another lever, for those seeking realistic, heavy duty feel. And brakes hydraulic dampers do the same for the brake feel. I will do some more flight tests, and then start sending testing kits for further suggestions .

Tools. Not toys.

PGHS1272.jpg

If you're wondering what are they bolted to, it's a modular flight rig I'll add to my product line:

Replika-flight-rig.jpg

Received both the revised combat pedals and the Huey pedals in the post today.

Have only had a chance to try out the rotary wing pedals so far but they worked very well on the test flight (lots of hovering and landing / taking off to push them around a bit). No feel of flex and no sounds coming from them. Really good level of feel and control.

For other users - the bolt holes are tight and you may need to apply a bit of force on the hex key to get them to engage with the nuts.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Received both the revised combat pedals and the Huey pedals in the post today.

Have only had a chance to try out the rotary wing pedals so far but they worked very well on the test flight (lots of hovering and landing / taking off to push them around a bit). No feel of flex and no sounds coming from them. Really good level of feel and control.

Just so people know what we're talking about. These are the helo style foot rests. I'm actually surprised you like them. They were just an afterthought, made them in like 15 minutes and haven't even tried them as I don't fly helos just yet. I was actually expecting them to fail miserably in terms of use/comfort.

PGHS0616b.jpg

Now you got my hopes up.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

Edited by hegykc

Hi mate, eagerly waiting to see if my test package arrives soon.....

Would like to try out the damper mod, let me know what the cost would be please. Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Just so people know what we're talking about. These are the helo style foot rests. I'm actually surprised you like them. They were just an afterthought, made them in like 15 minutes and haven't even tried them as I don't fly helos just yet. I was actually expecting them to fail miserably in terms of use/comfort.

PGHS0616b.jpg

Now you got my hopes up.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

In use they were fine. Not quite as comfortable in socked feet as the combat pedals but the ridges are needed to give a great level of grip.

I have not played around with the pedal angle since I have them set for fixed wing toe brakes

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Received revised combat pedals and adjusters today.

I just assembled the left one to make a comparison between the first and second batch.

The lower position of the new pedals is better for my use, just need to lift my heel a bit now to wrap my toes around the the top of the pedals to push it down for breaking. Due to the fact the pedal sits lower the force push the pedals for breaking also changes a bit. For that i use the 2nd hole from the top now on the new spring adjuster so i can still set it a bit softer.

Just one question for now: When i assemble the spring adjuster the top touches the bolt of the axe fixtation. Is this normal (i took your picture as example)?

al69yFz.png

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

It is the WW2 throttle assembly I am really interested in, especially on a Monstertech style mount

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

On mine it does, it just bends the top of the spring adjuster a little bit. Risk of breaking after x use?

I play with the idea to take 1 mm off prevent it bending (or use a bolt with a less higher head so the adjuster has a tiny bit more room).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Off topic, is that a P-38 control yoke replica in the background?

Yes. Still waiting on some components for the base:

P38-yoke-facebook.jpg

On mine it does, it just bends the top of the spring adjuster a little bit. Risk of breaking after x use?

I play with the idea to take 1 mm off prevent it bending (or use a bolt with a less higher head so the adjuster has a tiny bit more room).

Yep, already fixed for the next, hopefully final version.

Edited by hegykc

Solved this:

al69yFz.png

By replacing the bolds with one with a lesser high head and by removing a bit of the top of the springadjuster (they are not 100% solid inside so i had some little holes in the adjuster where it took the material off, filled them up with superglue).

LSFHchS.png

Also noticable is that the spring end almost touches the body of the rudder, only at the left side though, on the right side there is more space.

Current setup:

The heads of original bolts didn't go in deep enough (2 topmost holes) so the top of the bolts always stoock out a bit. Replaced these with black bolts with a lesser high head.

QiBtAXt.png

Overall feel:

The pedals are now sitting 2cm lower then the 3 hole ones which is fine. I've put the spings on the most less heavy setting but compared to the previous spring adjusters there is not much difference due to the fact of the lower sitting pedals, the force needed to pivot them is higher, about the same as when using the previous setup (i have the stronger pedal spings).

Is the spring still too strong for you? I have the older white pedals with the 10% weaker spring, and on the lowest adjuster setting there is almost no force at all on the brakes. I keep accidentally pressing the brakes while applying rudder, they are that weak on the lowest setting.

That's why I didn't go with even more holes on the adjuster. But I can add more, if others confirm the brakes are still too hard to press.

The brakes are not too hard to press but because the pedals sit lower now, if i would use the old adjusters, the force needed to push is a bit more because the leverage is now smaller. With the new adjusters it's about the same.

With my heels on the floor, i can push the pedals with my big toe now without moving my toes to the top of the pedals...(but it still pushes my chair back).

Oh I see, you meant with the old adjusters. Yeah the new ones, combined with the lowest position should be about the same.

If it's still to much force for a rolling chair, I will send you new adjusters with even more holes. They can go full circle for all I care :) You will let me know what hole makes the spring weak enough to not roll the chair.

Mine arrived yesterday, , and I have them fitted. They fit and work great, I have used the lowest row of mounting holes and the pedals dont seem to need the additional brake spring adjusters fitted, the action and resistance is very good in this position....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.