How to Blender 2.8 EDM Expoter and INGAME integration

Grajo

Hello! I wanted to add this video I have made of how to export your model with animation from Blender to DCS. Of course still lots of things are needed to learn to continue tutorial series about physics applied into animations, etc... but it is s first step that hope helps people around with all these tutorials put in here this forum.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this lovely and interesting video tutorial! So far I only worked with static objects and objects with no animation. But when I start to work with animation, I certainly will come back to your tutorial for a great help! Gracias!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 8:55 PM, Sérvalpilot said:

I've been experimenting with lights and I encountered a little problem.

My dummy light emitter object shines light on other objects in the model viewer just fine, but not in DCS itself.

Any ideas?

Hi.

It hears like DCS World's core program bug (a bad feature in current versions) ; not related to modding or 3d model exporting.

Modules: A-10C/II, F-4E, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Kola, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

On 9/20/2022 at 7:55 AM, Sérvalpilot said:

My dummy light emitter object shines light on other objects in the model viewer just fine, but not in DCS itself.

are you using a connector? a mesh & texture? what type of light? bano? fake_omni? light / spotlight? what are your settings for the light? have you also tried using a WOLALIGHT in the asset's lua? What I am trying to get at is that there are many different "lights" in DCS - all have a different purpose and will emit and react with other objects differently. the description of your problem doesn't give enough detail for someone to help you.

edit: 

check @Grajos video of the bus earlier in this thread for a simple headlight example

Edited by prccowboy

• 8 months later...
On 6/13/2023 at 9:32 AM, tripod3 said:

Hi all,

I need help in making proper rotation of wheels, radars and propellers of ships. In blender.

If I just make 179.9' plus 179.9 ' degree turn with 3 keyframes, I see gaps and freezes. How can I do it correctly? 

try having at least 1 keyframe for every 90 degrees rotation

• Thanks 1