Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS throttle detent

Cayman41

Is there any way to map the “detent” in the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS throttle for engine start/engine off?

Using VR, it kills the immersion to remove my headset to push LTCTRL-HOME and LTCTRL-END.

Yes there is. It should have auto detected that you're using the Warthog throttle with the A10C as all the HOTAS settings are pre configured, mine did. However if you look in the control bindings for :-

"Left Engine Throttle Set OFF" and "Right Engine Throttle Set OFF"

and map these to the respective throttle levers on your Warthog it should work.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

The default bindings in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua already do this.

You shouldn't have to do anything, just start the mission with your throttle in the off position and move them out of it to start the engines.

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN30'}}    ,down = iCommandLeftEngineStop , up = iCommandLeftEngineStart,  name = _('Left Engine Throttle Set OFF') , category = _('Systems')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN29'}}    ,down = iCommandRightEngineStop, up = iCommandRightEngineStart, name = _('Right Engine Throttle Set OFF'), category = _('Systems')},

There's one caveat: DCS doesn't always detect the actual throttle position at mission start.

One way around it is to check "Always synchronize HOTAS controls at mission start" or something of the kind in the game's options.

Another workaround is to have the throttle in idle at mission start. Once in the cockpit and with DCS unpaused, move the throttles over the hump back to the OFF position. This way, DCS will reliably detect the move from off to idle when it comes time to start the engines.

• 3 years later...
On 7/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, bart said:

Yes there is. It should have auto detected that you're using the Warthog throttle with the A10C as all the HOTAS settings are pre configured, mine did. However if you look in the control bindings for :-

"Left Engine Throttle Set OFF" and "Right Engine Throttle Set OFF"

and map these to the respective throttle levers on your Warthog it should work.

My settings have buttons 30 & 29 (L & R respectively) mapped to IDLE. Can I delete the idle calls for these buttons and map them to Set OFF instead? 

Edited by rjornd