[NEED TRACK REPLAY]_EGIW_ / Strange floating in close

Luft Waffel

I get some form of (EGIW), EGIW, _EGIW_ almost every time I land. I always go to MIL and sometimes do it right before touchdown and I still get it. Sometimes it doesn't say it and I can get an OK but this is a pretty rare.

The other thing I have noticed is the aircraft floats like crazy when in close and I have to intentionally come back on the power every time to not float over the wires. I don't think this is meant to be the burble effect since its always exactly the same effect and I would expect a turbulence effect to be much more random.

Any answers or fixes to either of these issues would be great.

I've noticed exactly the same floatiness feeling in the Hornet, at least since last update (didn't try it on the previous one). It might be that I haven't flown in over a month, but it's strange because my muscle memory was telling me to do the opposite of how the Hornet does now in close...

Maybe an under the hood first iteration of the burble effect?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still struggling to get the Hornet on the deck without an EGIW. A combination of the very sensitive EGIW grade and the float (which felt really bad today, I don't know if it's from the update or if I have just been used to the Tomcat) means the only way to get a good grade and catch a 3 wire seems to be to hold a low ball throughout the approach, so the final float brings you back on center without having to let off throttle to maintain ball in close.

I would just be curious to know if this is intended behaviour, or if it's an acknowledged bug. I don't want to build a bunch of muscle memory to hold a low ball (which is BAD BAD BAD from what I understand) only to have it fixed down the road.

I do wonder if the float is ground effect taking over as you cross the ramp - this would actually make sense, as you go from being out of ground effect to within a wingspan of the deck instantaneously, it would make sense to have the aircraft float a bit. That's why I wonder if it's intended or not, but if it is, then the EGIW grade needs to be adjusted I think.

Anything?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2