CASE III switch still WIP?

Nealius

I was just flying a mission that started in CASE I conditions, late evening. During sunset/dusk, under CASE III conditions, the carrier was still operating in CASE I and giving CASE I comms. Is the automatic switch between approaches not implemented yet?

Does anyone actually know when the switch is suppose to take place?

In order to not screw up communications, what's the earliest I can have a mission start to not have a conflict? And in the same respect, what's the latest I can end a mission?

Like Nealius, I like my dusks and dawns, but it's playing hell on communications. Being told Case I in affect, but having to deal with Case III comms, or vice versa, is getting a bit old.

Thanks.

EDIT: For the sake of argument, lets just assume we're talking about a typical clear day/night.

Edited by Baaz

That's the problem, DCS in general doesn't appear to follow this logic.

Example:

IRL, 02 August 2020, Sochi-Adler, Sunrise 5:11 AM.

DCS, 02 August 2020, Sochi-Adler, 5:31 AM it's still nearly pitch black with just a hint of sunrise.

So, my question really is, what time does DCS view as sunrise and sunset? Is it a hard 09:00 and 21:00, 365/366 days a year, or is there an actual calculation to it?

Edited by Baaz

After about an hour's worth of testing, I can tell you there's some sort of logic to it. Unfortunately, it's not a consistent 30 minutes after sunrise, and 30 minutes before sunset.

Actual Sunrise/Sunset times gathered from here: https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/russia/sochi?month=10&year=2020

Unfortunately, DCS's sunrise/sunset times don't match, and therefore the +/- 30 minutes before and after for Case 1/3 switches don't jive either.

02 AUG 2020

Actual Sunrise: 05:11 -- In-game Case 3 to Case 1 Switch: 06:32 -- 1:21 after Sunrise

Actual Sunset: 19:42 -- In-game Case 1 to Case 3 Switch: 20:22 -- 0:40 AFTER Sunset

02 SEP 2020

Actual Sunrise: 05:45 -- In-game Case 3 to Case 1 Switch: 07:05 -- 1:20 after Sunrise

Actual Sunset: 18:54 -- In-game Case 1 to Case 3 Switch: 19:36 -- 0:42 AFTER Sunset

02 OCT 2020

Actual Sunrise: 06:20 -- In-game Case 3 to Case 1 Switch: 07:38 -- 1:18 after Sunrise

Actual Sunset: 17:59 -- In-game Case 1 to Case 3 Switch: 18:42 -- 0:43 AFTER Sunset

So again, just what does DCS view as sunrise and sunset?

Edited by Baaz

mmhm,

I see what U mean but again, this is not a fixed science.

For operational purposes times might vary for the CCATC to swap from 1 to 3 and not only based on sunset/sunrise.

Even on civilian A/D, we swap to CatIII ops while still in cat 1 ops because the forecasts might lead us to low vis later on....

dunno really...

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map