Question about AGM-65

MivwTaupos

Can I shoot AGM-65 into a non heated ground? Actually I want to disable the runway by using AGM-65, but it doesnt let me shoot before I must lock something with heat like tank or AAA. I saw "track" on the bottom left corner of DDI, but how to disable then?

ddi.JPG.4e5bf07598582fbcd29084e5b51f5f57.JPG

The AGM-65 F is a infrared guided missile. You have to lock a infrared target. The red circle shows it now tracks WHT (white) "pixels" / Targets. The OSB underneath can change it to BLK (Black).

The AGM-65 E is a laser guided missile. You have to lead it or let it leaded via Laser Designation.

A forced lock (forgot the terminology) can't be done with F or E. The G or H (I don't know which it was) of the A-10C can do that. The missile take a Pic and follow it into the target. The F-18 doesnt have them.

Only chance with Mavericks : use the E and lase the runway.

Grettings

Edited by Rescue

Can I shoot AGM-65 into a non heated ground? Actually I want to disable the runway by using AGM-65, but it doesnt let me shoot before I must lock something with heat like tank or AAA. I saw "track" on the bottom left corner of DDI, but how to disable then?

That's possible with the 65E (laser guided), but not with the 65F (infrared guided).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You can force correlate with Golf variants. I believe only the D variant does not have that feature, but I am not sure how it is suppoed to work on a Hornet or if the Hornet its self has the capability to tell the missile to do that

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

We could carry the G in the beginning and there was an option to force correlate, but they got removed, both the missile and the option, as unrealistic

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro