MAC and DCS on line compatability

upyr1

What is or isn't available in a mission is always up to the mission designer. If they don't place a certain plane in the mission, it isn't there. Period.

I'm not discussing mission design but rather someone with DCS and would be able to do an online mission with someone using MAC

Hardly anyone plays DCS online so why would it matter? If you allow MAC along with DCS at least that means more players. As it is some servers only have 12 players which is sorta laughable.

And multiplayer is just a high fidelity furball so who cares if it’s authentic or not. If you’re worried that the hardcore experience will be ruined by MAC noobs, don’t worry. It’s already ruined.

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hardly anyone plays DCS online so why would it matter? If you allow MAC along with DCS at least that means more players. As it is some servers only have 12 players which is sorta laughable.

And multiplayer is just a high fidelity furball so who cares if it’s authentic or not. If you’re worried that the hardcore experience will be ruined by MAC noobs, don’t worry. It’s already ruined.

:thumbup:

This is why I want them to make sure cross platform play is possible. the more the better

:doh:

Even in an air-quake server I prefer my opponents to have the same level of fidelity that I do. In fact, if all you want to do is furball it doesn't take much to learn a DCS-level module, so it is not too much to expect. I've been locked up on the taxiway by FC3 players on servers with no AI. No one should feel compelled to tolerate that kind of arcade gameplay.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

In fact, if all you want to do is furball it doesn't take much to learn a DCS-level module, so it is not too much to expect.

But multiplayer IS just airquake furball. Even in DCS. It’s just a high fidelity furball.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm not discussing mission design but rather someone with DCS and would be able to do an online mission with someone using MAC

Yes, you are asking mission design. If somebody puts an FC3 MiG-29 in a mission, it's available. If they don't, it's not. Same for MAC if it ends up being integrated into DCS proper. If a (for example) MAC F-16 is added, it's available. If not, it won't be.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

:doh:

Even in an air-quake server I prefer my opponents to have the same level of fidelity that I do. In fact, if all you want to do is furball it doesn't take much to learn a DCS-level module, so it is not too much to expect. I've been locked up on the taxiway by FC3 players on servers with no AI. No one should feel compelled to tolerate that kind of arcade gameplay.

TLDR version of my reply : again, whether something is available is determined when the mission is being designed. Don't like it? Play on a different server. Pretty straightforward. Air Quake servers are by definition catering to the lowest common denominator, so... why is that surprising?

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I hope they are compatable

MAC will function within DCS; this was confirmed by ED's Global Business Development Director in a recent QA session.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRKL0yZHvwg, @1:53:05

Edited by Slug72
Omitted timestamp (duh!)

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

MAC should be an expansion and an update of FC3.

It kinda is, it would have been FC4, but it got so expanded that it became MAC. Furthermore there was a decision for now to have it as a separate install/game, at least the last time I heard about it.

If you ask me deeply, I wouldn't actually mind if MAC is both standalone and a module for DCS if that is the only way to make "crossplay", but I think MAC should get it's own forums, if not a new domain then a bit more separated than what it is for various modules right now around here.

A potential problem could be the MAC community growing in size and one random day revolting wanting to be part of DCS ... or a third section of the community who wants to play both.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Yes, you are asking mission design. If somebody puts an FC3 MiG-29 in a mission, it's available. If they don't, it's not. Same for MAC if it ends up being integrated into DCS proper. If a (for example) MAC F-16 is added, it's available. If not, it won't be.

I am asking about online games. If I am runing a DCS server would someone with MAC be able to connect to it?

It kinda is, it would have been FC4, but it got so expanded that it became MAC. Furthermore there was a decision for now to have it as a separate install/game, at least the last time I heard about it.

If you ask me deeply, I wouldn't actually mind if MAC is both standalone and a module for DCS if that is the only way to make "crossplay", but I think MAC should get it's own forums, if not a new domain then a bit more separated than what it is for various modules right now around here.

A potential problem could be the MAC community growing in size and one random day revolting wanting to be part of DCS ... or a third section of the community who wants to play both.

I do agree that MAC needs their own forums, I'm not sure about their domain. I am actually interested in both, esepcially if I get cross platform paly and modern Red For planes Uncle vladimir has been saying nyet to with DCS.