How to share FLIR / TGP coordinates

Adam

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is a way of sharing TPG coordinates with another player.

Let's say I have something of interest come into view on my FLIR, and I designate it as a target.

I then want another pilot to be able to view what I see.

The only way I can think of this at the moment is if I have some GPS bombs - I can designate the target to a bomb, view the Lat and Lon, and relay that information, which they then create a waypoint and then target designate that waypoint in their TPG.

This would only work though if I have GPS bombs to be able to view the GPS coordinates.

Is there a way of viewing the TGP coordinates without needing GPS bombs, and/or is there a better way of relaying the coordinates of what I'm viewing to another pilot?

Will it be possible to send target data over datalink, like it is with the A-10C?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Will it be possible to send target data over datalink, like it is with the A-10C?

I mused on this awhile ago, but it got little attention. From what I can see the Hornet doesn’t possess the ability to transmit a markpoint as a permanent location record. (Unlike the F-16 and A-10).

It looks like the current designation can be sent to be displayed on the SA page. This from all 3 team members. But of course it will only be displayed as long as the designation is maintained, if you see what I mean.

Unless of course the SA page has the ability to store a markpoint at the cursor position......which would be most useful.

It looks like the current designation can be sent to be displayed on the SA page. This from all 3 team members. But of course it will only be displayed as long as the designation is maintained, if you see what I mean.

Are you saying this is currently available now in DCS with the FA-18? I haven't been able to find any information on this (mind you - that's not saying much... half the time I can't find the sauce bottle in the cupboard and need my wife to get it for me) :huh:

Are you saying this is currently available now in DCS with the FA-18? I haven't been able to find any information on this (mind you - that's not saying much... half the time I can't find the sauce bottle in the cupboard and need my wife to get it for me) :huh:

No sorry, not available yet. I meant it should come later during EA.