Help with FPS locked at 50

7 minuti fa, Casablanca ha scritto:

@JAKALscusa ma il mio cp nvidia è in francese, potrebbe essere qualcosa come " numero massimo di immagini al secondo "

@Hiob Non consiglierei di commentare maxfps perché quando l'ho fatto, gli fps sono saliti a 5500 fps (sì: cinque cinque zero zero) nei menu e la mia gpu ha iniziato a ruggire come un f14 sul postbruciatore 🚀 😂

Ok thanks anyway, if you can perhaps understand which setting we are talking about converted into English, please do me a courtesy if you indicate it here on the forum.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

@JAKAL I found an article with a screenshot in english https://www.howtogeek.com/509097/how-to-set-a-maximum-frame-rate-in-nvidias-drivers/

Look for "Max Frame Rate"

R5 5600x @ 4.6Ghz | B550 Gigabyte Aorus Pro | beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 64GB Team DARK Zα @3600Mhz |  Samsung nmve 1TB | RTX 4070ti MSI | DELANCLiP HT | Oculus Quest 2

Get my skins & missions >>   Check my DCS Awesome List >>

9 minuti fa, Casablanca ha scritto:

@JAKALHo trovato un articolo con uno screenshot in inglese https://www.howtogeek.com/509097/how-to-set-a-mamost-frame-rate-in-nvidias-drivers/

Cerca "Frequenza fotogrammi massima"

Ahhh great found! So, in short, it is advisable to increase the value by how much?

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

2 minutes ago, JAKAL said:

Ahhh great found! So, in short, it is advisable to increase the value by how much?

I don't know, it depends, give something large enough like 150, but don't give a number below your screen refresh rate

R5 5600x @ 4.6Ghz | B550 Gigabyte Aorus Pro | beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 64GB Team DARK Zα @3600Mhz |  Samsung nmve 1TB | RTX 4070ti MSI | DELANCLiP HT | Oculus Quest 2

Get my skins & missions >>   Check my DCS Awesome List >>

1 hour ago, Casablanca said:

@JAKAL sorry but my nvidia cp is in french, it might be something like "maximum number of images per second"

@Hiob I wouldn't advise commenting maxfps as when I did so, the fps climbed to 5500fps (yes: five five zero zero) in the menus, and my gpu started roaring like an f14 on afterburner 🚀 😂

I know, but that‘s not an issue once you activate g-sync (or v-sync or maxfps in the nvcp).

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 4 months later...

hello. I have just installed DCS for the first time on a new machine and my FPS are also 'stuck' to 60fps. They aren't stuck because they go up if I look at the sky but they are still very low for my system, hovering around 40fps depending on the situation and crawling to 29fps in the L39a over the Persian Gulf, which just shouldn't be happening. I have tried all the tricks in this thread but nothing has helped. 
Is this a new feature that I need to learn how to fix so that I can enjoy a high FPS?

Thank you

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

On 8/16/2020 at 4:47 PM, XAiracobraX said:

Please help! If you need files please let me know what files and where I can find them.

Airacobra,

I had this exact thing happen, here was the only real fix for me:

1) un-install graphics driver with DDU

2) reboot and allow Windows Update to choose and install a graphics driver (if you have auto-updates disabled, then use Windows Update to select and install a graphics driver--don't download one and install it yourself!)

3) Reboot again, and install the newest Nvidia driver if you want over the old one, without using DDU (highly recommended.) Use a "clean install" in the graphics driver itself (check box.)

4) Reboot and try sim.

There are only certain graphics drivers that can be installed first on a clean system. You have to use Windows Update to choose them for you--you can't just pick any one and expect it to always work right when you install it. Only after it has been installed can you then reboot and install the latest one on top of the old one (no DDU.)

Worked well for me, my performance in DCS is now great! It was a stubborn booger to sort out, and this is how I did it.

Remember: Use Windows Update to install the first driver after cleaning out your system with DDU, and THEN install the latest driver.

AD

On 8/16/2020 at 6:26 PM, XAiracobraX said:

I was trying out various combinations of full screen vs windowed and vsync on and off. Attached is a log with vsync off.

dcs20200816_vsyncoff.zip 11.62 kB · 27 downloads

Doing all that will drive you bananas. Check my previous post to see how to take care of it.

AD

• Thanks 1

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hasole said:

Mine gets stuck sometimes at 72fps (G sync monitor) and I need to Alt enter to get more fps.

You probably have a 144Hz Monitor, when V-Sync can't reach full framerate it will fall back to half of that.

You can avoid that by either switching V-Sync completely off (you have g-sync anyway), or choose another option in the nvcp (I think fast could do the trick)

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"