[REPORTED]suspicious system operation. CCIP 3/9

crow0827

Does CCIP CONSENT OPT - 3/9 mode work properly?

on the manual, 3/9 described as below.

This is a 5 mil circle with a dot in the center placed on the ASL and indicates when the weapon will be released. While still holding down the weapon release button, you must maneuver the aircraft to place the CCIP bomb reticle pipper inside the solution cue (5 Mil) or place the solution cue anywhere within the CCIP bomb reticle (3/9). If done correctly and still holding down the weapon release button, the weapon will drop automatically on the designated target location. If the azimuth steering error becomes too great, an X will be drawn in the solution cue to indicate an invalid release condition.

3/9. The release 5 mil solution cue must pass through the large bombing reticle.

but even solution cue is outside of the CCIP Pipper, bomb is dropped.

-Addendum

If the azimuth steering error becomes too great, an X will be drawn in the solution cue to indicate an invalid release condition.

for 3/9, is this function not supported?

Is it bug? or proper movement?

Edited by crow0827

Hello, there is a whole thread about it just below yours:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=260199

Thanks.

Is it same bug?

for 5 mil mode, invalid release condition is detected and bomb doesn't fall.

This 3/9 mode problem is weapon system bug.

Very similar but different.

Maybe the same.:megalol:

Edited by crow0827

I tested on ver 1.5.8.

the symptom occurred.

Why is this behavior different from what the manual says?

-Addendum

476th VFG document says below.

When 3/9 is selected from the main menu, IFFCC commands release when the CCIP pipper crosses the 3/9 line of the solution cue regardless of horizontal range to the solution.

Manual and what it says is completely different. LOL.

-Addendum 2

I tested on "Digital Combat Simulator - A-10C(not DCS World)".

same symptom occured.

Is it proper working???

It is mystery for me...

place the solution cue anywhere within the CCIP bomb reticle (3/9).

or

IFFCC commands release when the CCIP pipper crosses the 3/9 line of the solution cue regardless of horizontal range to the solution.

Which is right, within reticle or regardless of horizontal range.

Edited by crow0827

I'm not sure I understand the problem correctly.

In the video, everything looked okay to me. You were in 3/9, there was a massive offset between PBIL and ASL, and the weapon was dropped as expected.

What did you expect to happen?

According to ED A-10C Manual, We have to “place the solution cue anywhere within the CCIP bomb reticle (3/9)” as quoted.

In the video, solution cue is outside of the CCIP bomb Reticle. Isn’t it?

Why below condition does’t occurs as same as ED Manual?

If the azimuth steering error becomes too great, an X will be drawn in the solution cue to indicate an invalid release condition.

massive offset between PBIL and ASL

It is intended to make the invalid condition.

Edited by crow0827

According to ED A-10C Manual, We have to “place the solution cue anywhere within the CCIP bomb reticle (3/9)” as quoted.

You're right!

I actually missed that part and figured that the solution cue passing the 3/9 line *anywhere* would be an okay condition for weapon release. I completely missed that it needs to be within the bomb reticle.

In that case, I agree that in your video the release attempt should have prompted an invalid release condition.

I made simple picture what I want to say and my understanding.

Current Implementation

point is that solution cue position limitation is none.

If solution cue cross "anywhere" of 3/9 line from CCIP Reticle, It recognize as valid.

(In the picture, solution cue is inside of reticle, please dont mind about the cue position. It is just example picture.)

Ef5VNh1VoAAzIRh.png

Proper Implementation(my understanding)

point is that solution cue should be inside of CCIP Bomb Reticle.

If solution cue is outside of CCIP Bomb Reticle, It recognize as invalid condition and doesn't release bomb.

Ef5VNh1UcAExKCk.png

please ignore orange color. just copy pasted from manual.

Main difference is horizontal range of valid condition.(anywhere of 3/9 line from reticle OR inside 3/9 line of reticle

in the ED manual, also mentioned about accuracy of 3/9 mode.

If it doesn't matter where the bombs is released, then there's no accuracy (if accuracy means the difference between where you designated(starting hold weapon release button.) and where they fell).

Edited by crow0827

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all

It seem our manual is wrong and needs adjusting.

"or place the solution cue anywhere within the CCIP bomb reticle (3/9)" - it is a wrong description. 3/9 means - once TVV elevation is the same as the pipper, the weapon should be released.

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It seem our manual is wrong and needs adjusting.

"or place the solution cue anywhere within the CCIP bomb reticle (3/9)" - it is a wrong description. 3/9 means - once TVV elevation is the same as the pipper, the weapon should be released.

Copy that.

I may have read too much into it.

If it's not a bug, then let's just revise the A-10C2 manual and get it right.

Thank you.