AIM-9X heat sensor + Helmet visor + TWS

I'm confused are you using TWS or JHMCS, because the HAQC mode isn't TWS and you will struggle to use TWS at 2NM

I use TWS to identify, block, select the target. Once identified and locked up simple, I turn on JHMCS, and prepare the attack, four miles, no tone, three miles, no tone, two miles, no tone, evasive start, I fire flares, crossing, half a mile, I aim my helmet, there is no tone, the sensor does not detect the heat source. This happens randomly, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by La Unión | Atazar

So it sounds like you are relying solely on TWS to cue the 9x, which isnt really going to work at ranges that close, you will need to either switch to HAQC and STT the target, or use the helmet to cue the sensor (TWS has nothing to do with that)

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

So it sounds like you are relying solely on TWS to cue the 9x, which isnt really going to work at ranges that close, you will need to either switch to HAQC and STT the target, or use the helmet to cue the sensor (TWS has nothing to do with that)

I don't think you understand me. No one would fire an AIM-9X without identifying the aircraft in front of them in a mixed good and bad situation. I have to use radar to identify myself. When I say that I use TWS it is for reference, in case the combination of some radar modes, + the helmet + the AIM-9X may be causing conflicts. For informational purposes.

I've just watched you track, it looks like TWS has nothing to do with this. You are just using the JHMCS to cue the 9x seeker. As for why it would sometimes not work, I would have to see an example of it not working. It could be any number of things either bugs or limitations of the aircraft.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I've just watched you track, it looks like TWS has nothing to do with this. You are just using the JHMCS to cue the 9x seeker. As for why it would sometimes not work, I would have to see an example of it not working. It could be any number of things either bugs or limitations of the aircraft.

Thank you. And sorry for the English, I'm using a translator and it's already an effort for you to try to understand me, something I appreciate. Yes, it seems that there are times that the sensor stops working, there is already another thread that talks about this. Thank you very much for the help. If it happens again, I'll go up the track.

Does the JHMC have difficulty picking up helicopters? Trying to find them is difficult.

radars in general in dcs have huge problem picking and following helis.

it seems like fit in the notch filter if they fly slow or hover, maybe dcs doesnt take the fast moving rotors into account for doppler effect.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580