Right Click/Left Click switch consistency

Hinkey

bojangles_25 said:
I read another thread that said the behaviour in A-10C II (right click for up, left for down) brings it inline with other modules.. is this right? I haven't spent as much time flying other aircraft.

If it makes it consistent with the rest of DCS then I think it's probably better to just get used to it :huh:

I made this list.

(Note which may be subject to change, as I do more testing).

Where you see RMB it means the module uses the RMB to move a switch upwards/forwards/right/clockwise and LMB to move a switch downwards/backwards/left/counter-clockwise. Where you see LMB it means it uses the LMB to move a switch upwards/forwards/right/clockwise and so on. I'll note any exceptions I find.

I think that momentary 2 position switches should be able to use any button, and that 2 position switches should cycle with repeated button presses (either button). For switches that have more than 2 positions, and reach and end-point, they shouldn't cycle.

For instance if I have a switch with more than 2 positions you should have to use the RMB to move it upwards/forwards/right/clockwise until it reaches an end point and once it's at that end point you need to use LMB to move it in the other direction.

RMB and 2 position switches cycling seems to be the more common approach, some modules don't conform and often there are switches that are exceptions.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This should have been done many years ago. But that's water under the bridge.

But now ED has the opportunity to start with a clean slate and do things right.

Please, ED, these are the kinds of very simple fixes which everyone sees every day. If you ever wanted to do something for polishing up the ol' ED image, this would be one of the best opportunities.

• Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

This should just be available in the game options for players to choose. I was really confused as a A-10C player that started learning the FA-18C just as the A-10C started conforming to the RMB standard.

Even now, there are swithces in the A-10C2 that work differently. Anti-collition light switch uses LMB for up. SAS and Anti-skid buttons use LMB for up.

Hopefully one day in the future, it will be possible for the players to choose in the game options the logic with which the buttons work.

Just a simple option. "Switch up" logic - LMB or RMB. The left/right/clockwise/counterclockwise is intuitive enough. Right now the problem stems from lack of consistency as stated above.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Fixed: RMB/LMB inverted logic of some switches in the cockpit.

After all the years! Great, can't wait to check it out. Thanks ED. Really appreciate those smaller updates for the A-10c during the waiting for the bigger ones like the new radio.

Edited by Hive
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

With the recent open beta patch the CMSP panel switches now work consistent with other 3 position switches 😀

I can't tell you how happy I am about that. After 13 years of flying the DCS A-10C I can finally enjoy complete switch consistency. Awesome feeling 😊

• Like 1