Mission 15

MagicSlave

In mission 15, when Weed warns me to break right and dispense, I always die, even if I react immediately when Weed starts his sentence. This is getting really frustrating...

EDIT: Okay, it was my mistake... I thought that, after splashing the two F-4's, I had to egress 230 as Flip said in the dialogue. until told otherwise... Instead I turned back hot the instant that I saw a fleeting 29-spike on my RWR and splashed the Flatback straight in the face with AIM-9

Edited by MagicSlave

I have some minor questions about this mission:

- Waypoint numbers in this mission are shifted comparing to mission 14 it continues (for example in mission 14 ROCK was WP8, but in mission 15 it's WP9). Is it intended?

- Script says that I can use any radios to switch to Anvil flight channel (Ch 3, Green 1), but dialogue only proceeds when I switch to Ch3 on Pri, but not on Aux.

- There are TACAN codes for flight members specified in the kneeboard, but I wasn't able to get direction (I know we can't get distance info for small jets like Hornet) to Anvil13 (Blade), I tried to set TACAN channel both as it's specified in the kneeboard: 55X as well as with shift: 63 + 55 = 118X. So eventually I had to resort to SA page to find Blade (where his callsign is displayed as SD12 and there's no any info about it on briefing screens - I just remember it from the SA page info on earlier stages of the mission)

Update: The last point is incorrect, my bad. It's bearing info we can't get with A/A TACAN of Hornet-size jet, but range info should be available.

Edited by lester

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

• 4 weeks later...
I have some minor questions about this mission:

- Waypoint numbers in this mission are shifted comparing to mission 14 it continues (for example in mission 14 ROCK was WP8, but in mission 15 it's WP9). Is it intended?

- Script says that I can use any radios to switch to Anvil flight channel (Ch 3, Green 1), but dialogue only proceeds when I switch to Ch3 on Pri, but not on Aux.

- There are TACAN codes for flight members specified in the kneeboard, but I wasn't able to get direction (I know we can't get distance info for small jets like Hornet) to Anvil13 (Blade), I tried to set TACAN channel both as it's specified in the kneeboard: 55X as well as with shift: 63 + 55 = 118X. So eventually I had to resort to SA page to find Blade (where his callsign is displayed as SD12 and there's no any info about it on briefing screens - I just remember it from the SA page info on earlier stages of the mission)

Update: The last point is incorrect, my bad. It's bearing info we can't get with A/A TACAN of Hornet-size jet, but range info should be available.

Hey,

As for waypoints - this is because WP0 changed in relation to M14, this is normal.

As for radios, not sure what is wrong, I'll check.

As for TACAN - I think it is currently bugged in DCS in general, used to work OK before.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

QQ are you meant to recover aboard Valley Forge at the end, I can’t seem to bring up COMMS for her, tried Marshall, strike, and departure?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg