Ground / Airbase objects

BrumTx

My observations are that the Mod works by replacing the earth embankment that are located around some of the single (bomber size) parking places on some airbases with the eye candy - lights, tow bars, signs etc.

As for the apron areas, a couple of bases have little grey boxes on an apron area. The Mod replaces the little grey boxes with the eye candy.

As to how the Mod actually works?

I had a look at what files this Mod uses and had a guess at how it works based on my observations of which bases the Mod seems to affect.

I confess I'm no expert at how Lockon does its graphics magic, but here goes....

The Mod adds into .....Bazar\terrain\structures\high the following files;

BOX.LOM

KAPONIR.LOM

Already present in that folder is BOX.CMD and KAPONIR.CMD.

I assume the presence of the .LOM files means Lockon will obey them rather than the .CMD files.

The Mod also adds some stuff into ...\Bazar\TempTextures

a .BMP file and four .TGA files.

I guess these actually describe the eye candy shape and colour as the (replacement) .LOM files appear to call these up when I examined the .LOM files with a text editor.

My guess (and I've a 50/50 chance of being correct ;) ) is that BOX is the little grey box and KAPONIR is the embankment.

So to expand it to other bases, the author would likely need to completely change the way it works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Spot on Brit Radar Dude, the Box file is the parking apron stuff and the Kaponir file is the protected parking bays.

I like the mod except for the embankement around the parking bays and the trees/bushes. Some of the trees are on the actual apron or in the embankment, it looks wrong and I would prefer to see the original embankment shape and colour, it looks better.

I have tried to mod the skin file to change the embankment colour but it wont let me save the change, not worked out how to overcome that yet.

I might try to mod this mod a bit more and create the parking apron as a placement object

in the Mission builder, it would be nice to be able to add it to other airfields.

Thats how things get better Crazy, we see something , adapt it and make it better, it's working ok on my FC 1.12a but on 1.02 it's a mass of white areas. Unfortunately I don't have the know-how to adapt the mods as of yet but I THANK all of you who have the knowledge and time to make FC a better sim

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I have extracted the BOX file and related texture files and put them manually into the Structures and Bazar Temp Texture files, and renamed the Box file to something else in the Mission Editor, so now I can place the object on its own.

But it will not identify the texture files - they appear to have all the correct properties for the type of file and they are still the same name as in the LOM file, but the object is showing up nicely with no textures - anyone know why that might be ?

I don't share idea of seeing these additions on every single AB in LOFC map.

Not all AB we have in LOFC is an AB IRL. Think Razdolnoye and Novorossiysk. No such thing IRL. So my opinion is that only bigger airbases should be equipped with additional objects. By bigger I mean military.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do understand your point Vekkinho, I was not thinking of putting them on every base..

I am only doing this for my own military air bases. It would be great to get all the bases exactly as they are in real life but that is an impossible dream for now, so we just do the best we can with what we have.

This is another nice Mod and I hope people will use it in it's original form or modified, assuming Tomcatz has no objections of course.

But I cannot work out why the LOM file will not identify the texture files in the Temp Textures file, until I work that out nothing is going to happen !!

• 3 weeks later...

It was mentioned above that this Airbase objects mod interferes with Tomcat'z Hangar mod, right?!

It interferes with Scenery Mod "Merzifon" 1.3 (666th_Birdy) just because Birdy included TomcatZ Hangars in 1.3.

So try Airbase objects with previous Scenery Mod "Merzifon" 1.2-beta or 1.1 that has no additional Hangars included!

Hope this helps!

Edit:

Please post results as I'm interested too without sacrificing "Merzifon" and lot's of additional trees and objects that Birdy provided!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty :D, nice with train & bombs, carnisters on ground, very nice. How much FPS does it eat?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

A lot :)

More seriously, it's quite heavy when you add some mod on others but, a good adjustement of the antialiasing and anisotropic settings it have 30 FPS on the ground of an airbase with 15 statics objetcs on the parkings and 1 or 2 online players, 3 or 4 AI, some wind etc...

My config is : E6850, 2Go DDR2 @ 1000mhz, Nvidia 8800GTS 256

Lothamroth - www.Lockon.Fr - Vimeo Channel - Youtube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

wow, nice screenshots Lotham

can u send me the ALS mod (the final version you're using) ?

i've tried many times but couldn't download it

Merzifon + LO Reloaded +ALS Mod + a lot of other mods
Merzifon AB - i got it

LO Reloaded - i got it

a lot of other mods - what're they, can u tell me :music_whistling:;)

OMG so I won't install it, better I wait until I get Penryn ect...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

i dont think Penryn Dualcore (eg E8400, E8500...) is much better than Conroe (E6700, E6850...) because they've not much difference on corespeed and their micro-architect are the same: Core microarchitect

The differences between Penryn & Conroe:

_ Conroe dualcore has 4MB of L2 cache while Penryn has 6MB

_ Conroe based on 65nm platform, 45nm platform for Penryn

_ Penryn is just added SSE4 only for multimedia acceleration

That is !

Smaller nm = more overclock, fewer heat and cheaper coz to produce one CPU is used smaller silicon wafer. More cache = little faster work :P. Simple better :D

I will get QuadCore, DualCore IMO now is relic :D, but I know when I get QuadCore there will be probably sixth or eights cores CPU :D

ಠ_ಠ

Lotham, wonderful screenies from you, I hope I'll soon save some serious money to upgrade my rig for this level of mods like you're using.

Please share your experience with me, you said that most important mods you use to get all this equipment and scenery is Merzifon Mod, ALS, LOReload and Parkbox airbase mod, right?!

I assume it's this Merzifon mod that only moves Razdolnoe to Turkey to simulate Merzifon AB and not the one with scenery+Merzifon (1.1, 1.2 or 1.3).

As I know that Birdy included Tomcatz Hangars in his Merzifon + scenery 1.3 mod I thought of manual installation of Birdy's 1.3 mod in file by file mode in MOdMan or simple mod edit to leave out Hangar model files and textures thus allowing Parkbox mod to be compatible with Birdy's 1.3 Merzifon and scenery?!

IMO, 1.3 scenery by Birdy adds a lot of trees, ships, buildings etc. to LOFC map and I think it really adds to it so I'd like to keep it along with Parkbox airbase mod and it seems that sacrificing Tomcatz hangars might be the solution to have both mods installed!

Did anyone try this so far, and what's your opinion on my idea?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lotham, wonderful screenies from you, I hope I'll soon save some serious money to upgrade my rig for this level of mods like you're using.

Please share your experience with me, you said that most important mods you use to get all this equipment and scenery is Merzifon Mod, ALS, LOReload and Parkbox airbase mod, right?!

I assume it's this Merzifon mod that only moves Razdolnoe to Turkey to simulate Merzifon AB and not the one with scenery+Merzifon (1.1, 1.2 or 1.3).

As I know that Birdy included Tomcatz Hangars in his Merzifon + scenery 1.3 mod I thought of manual installation of Birdy's 1.3 mod in file by file mode in MOdMan or simple mod edit to leave out Hangar model files and textures thus allowing Parkbox mod to be compatible with Birdy's 1.3 Merzifon and scenery?!

IMO, 1.3 scenery by Birdy adds a lot of trees, ships, buildings etc. to LOFC map and I think it really adds to it so I'd like to keep it along with Parkbox airbase mod and it seems that sacrificing Tomcatz hangars might be the solution to have both mods installed!

Did anyone try this so far, and what's your opinion on my idea?!

I'd also like to get these working together: Merzifon Mod, ALS, LOReload and Parkbox..... anyone got the info needed to get these working together?

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Merzifon + LO Reloaded +ALS Mod + a lot of other mods ;)

Freakin' awsome no ?

Yes very!!

But can explain how you got Merzifon 1.3(666thBirdy) & Parking Area(TomCatz) working together? As it looks like you managed it. Please please please :helpsmilie::beer:... Or am i mistaken?

i know there is a conlict between the 'hanger' portion of Merzifon 1.3 and the Park Boxes.. but i dont know how to resolve it.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4