Speed Brakes switch on axis

Bagpipe

So to be clear...ED are allowed to make keyboard keybinds for every function but not for speed brakes on an axis because it doesn't exist in the real aircraft. The logic there is escaping me I am afraid.

It's not like the A10 features a QWERTY keyboard either...:music_whistling::)

@eagledynamics, would it be possible for you to integrate the A10 speedbrakes to an axis. I have a spare hotas wheel i would like to use for this function instead of requiring to use two buttons and a modifier. Thank you

Depending on the type of controller, you may be able to bind it to an axis, sort of. I have the landing gear binded to the from right extra axis on my throttle. In the Virpil software I set the top and bottom 20% of the axis travel to export to virtual buttons, and the assign those buttons to the landing gear up and down. No reason you could not do the same with speed brake. You would not have finite control over speed brake position (not sure if this is what you are looking for), but it should potentially work as a "Bang-Bang" switch.

MT50CM_Throttle02.thumb.png.e25bcd24381cbb42571edf58d27c4f9e.png

Depending on the type of controller, you may be able to bind it to an axis, sort of. I have the landing gear binded to the from right extra axis on my throttle. In the Virpil software I set the top and bottom 20% of the axis travel to export to virtual buttons, and the assign those buttons to the landing gear up and down. No reason you could not do the same with speed brake. You would not have finite control over speed brake position (not sure if this is what you are looking for), but it should potentially work as a "Bang-Bang" switch.

I like the idea but it that method would interfere with what I use the wheel axis for in my other modules. really good idea though! damn...:(

An axis bind would just be really useful for this module as i have the T1600 hotas and it is just slightly lacking buttons on the throttle.

So to be clear...ED are allowed to make keyboard keybinds for every function but not for speed brakes on an axis because it doesn't exist in the real aircraft.

So to be clear...You believe ED should write additional code to make the speed brakes function as an "axis" even though there is already code In the game that correctly simulates the speed brake functions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

So to be clear...You believe ED should write additional code to make the speed brakes function as an "axis" even though there is already code In the game that correctly simulates the speed brake functions?

1. was i asking you?

2. No obviously they should close the forums completely because clearly some toxic users have an issue with people asking questions no matter how innocent they are.

dont know why anybody bothers using these forums if this is how it goes. every bloody post is just replied by people attacking. ( @moderator it's ridiculous, close this post and feed back to your dev team for consideration please )

It was a yes/no question directed at ED. troll.

1. was i asking you?

2. No obviously they should close the forums completely because clearly some toxic users have an issue with people asking questions no matter how innocent they are.

dont know why anybody bothers using these forums if this is how it goes. every bloody post is just replied by people attacking. ( @moderator it's ridiculous, close this post and feed back to your dev team for consideration please )

It was a yes/no question directed at ED. troll.

To be fair, you did ask a question on an open forum. That's just life and on the internet, you have to have thick skin! I'm not attacking you (just in case) but neither did Sierra99. It's not his fault that you don't like the answer.

I see you use a T1600! The hardware you have is very limited I'm afraid. If you can, you may have to upgrade. Maybe have all of your Flight Controls set to the HOTAS and everything else wherever. I think what Sierra99 was getting at is; we cannot expect ED to cater to everything we want, especially if our equipment at home is not up to the challenge. In a perfect world that works but, here we are.

I hope you find what you need!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!