[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the Mirage 2000 has gone from a 'complete' finished product back to early access. Switches don't work correctly, bombs disappear, kneeboard does not work, cockpit is too dark, no pilot in cockpit when there used to be one, I'm sure there is more but can't think of the rest right now. Anyhow good luck we will probably wait 1-2 years for all this to be resolved by which time the updates will need updates again. :thumbup: Oh yeah, the screen blacks out repeatedly when turning in certain ways on the ground and in the air. No other aircraft does this.

ED should update the store page and put it back under early access because as of right now the finished product status is misleading.

Edited by Marnes23

I don't experience any issues with the kneeboard of flickering screen on the stable release. They said the module would be complete by the end of the MLO update this summer, let's wait and see.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

They are broken since january.

Razbam does not loose a word if, or when the covers will be fixed.

Yeah, they're only focussing on Harrier for some reason, very strange. I mean they even have a new programmer in their team since many days now...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

It is the same problem with the pitot heat switch cover, fuel cutoff switch cover and both the FBW and AP test switch covers.

Exactly, this bug is present since the D1, and it has never been corrected. There are other priorities like the losing "radar look" problem, never fixed aswell.

We need to be patient and wait for the review.

We've been very patient already.

What's D1?

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Informations according offical Razbam manual and useing Brain 2.0.

Control Stick: (call it CS8 )

[No.] [Control name] [Description] [Action in options] [default key]

attachment.php?attachmentid=210307&stc=1&d=1558077158

Throttle: (call it T4)

[No.] [Control name] [Description] [Action in options] [default key]

attachment.php?attachmentid=210308&stc=1&d=1558077158

The "control name", "description", "action in options" and what it does have discrepancies:

How it works now in the game:

Place the TDC cursor over a target.

Push CS8 to lock it in TWS.

Push CS8 again (or multiple times) to toggle between STT and TWS.

Push T4 to recenter the TDC in the middle of the screen

How it should work according the description in the manual (and what would also make more sense to me):

Push T4 to lock it in TWS.

Push CS8 to toggle between STT and TWS.

No function for recentering TDC.

Please clarify what behavor is now correct and correct the wrong wordings in the manual. It may not have a big uinfluence, but haveing the HOTAS working correct is an absolute necessary basic for me where should not be any doubts.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

[...]

The TDC center is a "game" control it does not exist IRL.

The correct behavior is the second one, but you can have it in the SIM at the moment, just change TDC center with STT/TWS toggle.

I don't know how to phrase is better in the manual, maybe it is needed to add that the TDC center is a "game" feature and not present in the real aricraft...

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The correct behavior is the second one

So you are saying, that this matches the real life aircraft?:

How it should work according the description in the manual (and what would also make more sense to me):

Push T4 to lock it in TWS.

Push CS8 to toggle between STT and TWS.

No function for recentering TDC.

Do you know that, or do you assume it?

If it is so, then Razbam needs to change the functions in the game and also change the according sections in the manual.

but you can have it in the SIM at the moment, just change TDC center with STT/TWS toggle.

No, does not help. Then this button would be missing on the stick. (As I understand, TDC depress for locking, button on the Stick for changing between STT/TWS)

Also I don't know why there is an function implemented that does not exist in RL.

I don't know how to phrase is better in the manual

Easy thing (if they correct it):

Locks the target under the TDC cross.

becomes:

Switches between TWS and STT when a target is locked

and

Controls up, down, left and right the radar

screen designation cross. Target lock is

obtained by pushing in the control.

stays the same.

Changes in game needed:

S4 must not lock a target.

TDC depress locks a target.

TDC Center function needs to be removed.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

Okay, I miss read what you wrote, none of the two options you described is correct.

IRL the TDC hat is 5 way (up, down, left, right, press). It's used to move the TDC and the press movement has 2 functions:

- When in SCAN mode (RWS), it locks the target under the TDC in PID mode (TWS)

- When in PID (TWS) or PIC (STT) mode it will alternate between the two (PIC is not always possible).

The "TDC center" button does not exist IRL, it is a "game" function that is used to reset the position of the TDC on the radar screen.

You have a diagram in the manual with the real HOTAS layout that might help you with this.

If you still did not understand I could take some more time to explain it to you with those diagrams, I hope this helped.

EDIT : To clear all possible confusion, current implementation is correct, the only thing that would need to change is the control names/description.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

I understand what the TDC at the throttle, and also what does button nr. 8 on the stick does in the game.

I want to know what this two are doing in real life, because something seems to be wrong with Razbams implementation.

So, if pressing TDC does lock the target and also switches between STT and TWS, what does the button nr. 8 on the stick do then?

EDIT : To clear all possible confusion, current implementation is correct, the only thing that would need to change is the control names/description.

Can't be. You are saying something different then the actual implementation.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

[...]

I've gone trough the manual because something looked strange, and I found that the manual made no sense regarding this. You were right in that regard.

As I only know the real RDM equipped HOTAS layout I can't tell you for sure how the real HOTAS layout is.

However, from what I know the target lock and PID/PIC lock toggle functions are under the same button IRL and that button is at the TDC press on the throttle. As for the button 8 on the RDM aircrafts it's a radio button, but I don't know on the RDI aircraft, like the one we have now.

Baltic Dragon would need to take a look at this and edit the manual to reflect the real layout :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Thats correct.

The Mirage can only dump the external fuel, and also once started, it can't stopped.

Yes you can't stop external fuel dump.

But it should stop when external tanks are empty, leaving you with internal fuel.

@AMEDooley:

I tried to replicate with Caucasus Quick Action "Take Off" mission. 1 fuselage tank.

I can't replicate your bug, when the external tank is empty, fuel decreases in accordance with fuel flow (checked with stop watch).

Could you give more details (wing tanks/ fuselage tank), or better: share a track ?

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yeah I’ll get you one. I did it twice during the first mission of the red flag campaign. I had a full load of gas, with three drop tanks, if I started the dump as soon as I went in the mission and it just kept going until I was at 480 liters. Needless to say the first time it happened I ran out of gas. I’m also on OB but not the newest patch, the one prior to. So it maybe something that fixed itself. I’m waiting for all the fixes from the last patch to hit before I update.

Edited by AMEDooley

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I designed a simple navigation mission on Nevada map. Last Open Beta version.

Ferry configuration, 3 tanks + 2 Magic 2.

I took off and activated the fuel dump.

After the 3 tanks are empty (3 "RL" lights on fuel panel), the fuel decreases according to fuel flow.

So in good faith, I don't know how to replicate the bug.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Did the same test over the Caucasus map on the latest Stable release. The fuel dump emptied only the three tanks, I could not replicate the bug over five tries.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC