WW2 New Damage Model - BF109

jwflowersii

same thing though this was the case even way before the update, infact going back to burning skies the 109 has always been able to tank hits, i will say this though, the engine is now more temprementle after being hit, that being said it does still last longer then allied aircraft.

same thing though this was the case even way before the update, infact going back to burning skies the 109 has always been able to tank hits, i will say this though, the engine is now more temprementle after being hit, that being said it does still last longer then allied aircraft.
No.. not really.. and 109 is shooting 30mm grenades not .50 cal or 12mm. You can check the stats for LFDM server and you quickly notice how many rounds allied planes can take vs axis planes.. a LOT more.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Most of the times is bad marksmanship, while the german planes shoot big cannon shells like the 109 or a lot of smaller cannon shells like the 190 and they're pretty devastating anywhere they hit.

The mustang shoots a lot of .50 cal rounds but if you only hit the wings or non vital areas you're just damaging the aerodynamics or the enemy, shoot a the engine, rads or pilot

"Close range" usually means you're way out of convergence. It was quite funny some days ago reading a guy saying he was kind of disappointed about the new DM because "in convergence there was good damage with the P-51, but out of it you need a ton of hits…" :music_whistling: I'll leave that thought alone… slowly soaking…

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

No.. not really.. and 109 is shooting 30mm grenades not .50 cal or 12mm. You can check the stats for LFDM server and you quickly notice how many rounds allied planes can take vs axis planes.. a LOT more.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

I have gone through the LFDM stats before, there are things you have to remember though, the stats are scuffed because it normally only counts kills by rounds not kills per amount of rounds further more the reporting in both tacview and lfdm website is off, i know this as i have tracked them throughout my time flying on their server, the average hit to take down allied aircraft from 30mm was 1 shell for a spitfire, 2 for the p47 and p51 and at max 3 shells if you're lucky in the 47. For hostile aircraft i have shown hits of 70 rounds average however i have noted that they don't always track correctly in the track as well as they don't always correlate with visually seen damage and hits.

obviously this doesn't take into account deflection angles into account as it is only an average throughout all engagements totalling some 150 for me at the minimum.

Things i noted during this time is that the 190D9 performed like allied aircraft in terms of damage received.

The 109 was tanking shots to where it absorbed over twice the rounds that the 190D could which also includes damaged engine, prop, radiators, leaks and control cable damage. most of these aircraft actually made it back and landed.

The Anton was interesting, though it could take severe punishment to the airframe it seemed to get pilot sniped the most out of the group.

Considering the Mustang carries 1880 rounds of 50cal ammo even if you only hit a 6th of these you're still hitting over 300 rounds on target which is far above average and to which i have seen 109s do on many occasions.

The times they do go down is normally due to a straight up explosion normally occuring when the target is at low speed with high deflection angles.

they can fly with leaking radiators, shot up prop, wrecked controls and smoke as has been reported countless times before and has even had bug reports on it due to smoke appearing for chasing aircraft but not for the pilot of the aircraft itself. i had tracks of them flying on burning skies for over 10 mins with such damage and while still maintaining distance from allied aircraft though this is reducing due to better damage modelling now, i.e shot up prop causes it to go out of balance and thus you lose speed.

Spitfires have a tendancy to lose a wing when hit, mustangs tend to lose the prop governer and engine and the 47 does take a battering though the majority of the times i do make it back i have to hold the starter switch and can only maintain low speed. for the spitfire losing a wing i have noted that there appears to be a similiar issue to the 109 with the damage that people perceive versus what you perceive hence why some people have noted seeing them flying around with a single wing which i managed to do when it first released but that drastically reduced afterwards.

that being said fire doesnt seem to have much of an affect accross the board though how much of this is just visual versus actual fire is an unknown.

I think most people have an issue with the fact that 109s can take as much if not more damage then a p47 and can still fly away from a furball and land at an airfield while still maintaining seperation, leaking fuel, oil and coolant. this as shown by the video while still an issue seems to be becoming less, also in the video the temps would increase over redline when enough power was applied indicating that there was a new mechanic, previously you could push full power without risk of overheating.

As for the new damage model there are many effects to which i am curious to see if they are implemented, these include, leaking fluid causing a rise in temperatures due to loss of effectiveness, leaking fuel actually leaking from the tank which i noted was a rare occurancy before and usually only occured when 30mm rounds hit the wing and i survived, this usually resulted in immediate complete loss of fuel in that tank. would also be interesting to see how self sealing fuel tanks would react to sealing up holes.

smoke from fires in different locations, i haven't been able to confirm if this would cause grey out as in the 109 i have only had a fire to the rear and i popped the canopy too early, had one in the mustang but blacked out too fast to do anything.