Operation Scarlet Dawn - Syria PvE Persistent Campaign

Hello.
I have a problem regarding "Helo Operations", the spawing of crates and the construction options.
(i have downloaded the miz from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313323/)
As you can see in the pics below i call from F-10 menu the crates and load them normally.
screen21.jpg
screen22.jpg

but when i go to the area in order to make a construction (for this example a M818 truck that needs 2x crates), when i unload the cargo/crate it is nowhere to be seen (pics below)
screen23.jpg
screen24.jpg

The distance from FARP Paris is 12.15NM and i have put a marker in order not to miss the spot.
screen25.jpg

Finally after i bring a construction team and try to build this M818 it tells me that there are no crates in the area... 
screen26.jpg

Does anyone else has the same problem?
@Surrexen can you help? is this a bug?

Are these constructions supposed to be built only inside airbases or the 12.15NM is not enough an i have to be in a larger distance.

Looking forward for your answers guys..
(sorry for my bad english)

Thanks

Screen_221217_085802.jpg

Screen_221217_085815.jpg

Screen_221217_090920.jpg

Screen_221217_090929.jpg

Screen_221217_091748.jpg

Screen_221217_094811.jpg

Edited by Spanker79
  • Thanks 1

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

44 minutes ago, MarvK said:

Been a while since I’ve done it, but don’t you have to have an engineer squad there first before you deliver the crates?

You place the amount of crates you want.
You bring an engineer team and then give the "order", but if the crates disappear you can't do much...

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

Operation Scarlet Dawn/Snowfox/Clear Field/Sea Slug all updated to correct the issue with the crates not being able to unload from helo's (reverted back to old moose). All Ka-50's have been updated to be Ka-50 III's, and Ka-50 III's are able to use the helo ops menu. Spirit of Maradona be with you.

Edited by Surrexen
  • Like 1

Somewhat random question for you @Surrexen - is there a way (either through a variable setting or commenting out select functions, etc.) to disable the base capture / "escalation" functionality in this mission? The reason I ask is that Syria has always been a resource intensive map and as a single & VR player I'm interested in replicating the simpler Surrexen old-school Operation Clear Field/Snowfox functionality w/o the additional mission complexity/logic/resources that might come with the added base capture/helo/escalation functionality.

I've dabbled in slightly modifying some of your mission scripts in the past (for example reducing the number and cycle times of red air CAPs) to make it a tad easier on single player scenarios so I'm reasonably comfortable finding/commenting out portions of scripting if necessary... not sure if there's spot in the scripts somewhere I might be able to comment out the initiation or triggers around all that.

Not sure if that's at all possible or if the logic is too embedded but figured I'd ask.. these missions (including the old school ones) have so much replayability they're absolutely great...

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

9 minutes ago, Twwhitey said:

Somewhat random question for you @Surrexen - is there a way (either through a variable setting or commenting out select functions, etc.) to disable the base capture / "escalation" functionality in this mission? The reason I ask is that Syria has always been a resource intensive map and as a single & VR player I'm interested in replicating the simpler Surrexen old-school Operation Clear Field/Snowfox functionality w/o the additional mission complexity/logic/resources that might come with the added base capture/helo/escalation functionality.

I've dabbled in slightly modifying some of your mission scripts in the past (for example reducing the number and cycle times of red air CAPs) to make it a tad easier on single player scenarios so I'm reasonably comfortable finding/commenting out portions of scripting if necessary... not sure if there's spot in the scripts somewhere I might be able to comment out the initiation or triggers around all that.

Not sure if that's at all possible or if the logic is too embedded but figured I'd ask.. these missions (including the old school ones) have so much replayability they're absolutely great...

If you edit the 'generals' script and find:

timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_REDGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))
timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_BLUEGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))

And remark it out so it looks like this: 

--timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_REDGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))
--timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_BLUEGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))

Then the entire base capture part along with bomber attacks and all those things will not run, and it will only have the red and blue cap planes.

17 minutes ago, Surrexen said:

If you edit the 'generals' script and find:

timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_REDGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))
timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_BLUEGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))

And remark it out so it looks like this: 

--timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_REDGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))
--timer.scheduleFunction(SEF_BLUEGENERAL_ATTACKAIRBASE, nil, timer.getTime() + math.random(900, 1200))

Then the entire base capture part along with bomber attacks and all those things will not run, and it will only have the red and blue cap planes.

Oh awesome thanks @Surrexen I’ll give it a go. I was poking around the generals.lua earlier today and had suspicions the initiator might be in there somewhere… appreciate the input - like I was saying and what you’ve probably heard over and over the options, variety, replayability and simplicity of these mission sets are a god send, weeks and weeks worth of game play in these…

cheers mate 

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve had this happen a couple of times now. A friend and I have been trying to eliminate all “red” targets on scarlet dawn, when I get the message, “Mission will restart in 60 seconds”, even though there are quite a few targets remaining. 

I suspect it’s because we have captured all of the red airbases, regardless of whether or not we have eliminated all red targets. Is this the case? Had the same thing happen in the Clearfield mission as well. 

How exactly does this work if Palmyra is red and not able to be captured? 🤔

3 hours ago, MarvK said:

I’ve had this happen a couple of times now. A friend and I have been trying to eliminate all “red” targets on scarlet dawn, when I get the message, “Mission will restart in 60 seconds”, even though there are quite a few targets remaining. 

I suspect it’s because we have captured all of the red airbases, regardless of whether or not we have eliminated all red targets. Is this the case? Had the same thing happen in the Clearfield mission as well. 

How exactly does this work if Palmyra is red and not able to be captured? 🤔

Sounds like you met the requirements for a 'take and hold' victory as opposed to an 'annihilation' victory. That said, I'll take a look at it during the week and get back to you.

On 1/23/2023 at 4:23 AM, MarvK said:

No need for you to change anything, just wondering what your original intent was for mission success.

I've looked it over and everything appears to be fine. Yeah originally it was simply destroy all targets, but now you can also win via capturing all necessary airfields (take and hold victory conditions).

Love your missions! Quick question.

Is it possible to assign tasks and take into account phase and distance to a player?
Right now tasks are given in an random order and sometimes in the beginning of the mission we have to destroy some assets far behind the enemy frontline

@Surrexen

Ok. I've manage to do that. Edited a bit your script.
I had to reorder all tasks to match the active phase, then added function to use randomiser linked to a phase

I've attach edited script file, so you can check.

Now I'm testing next option to start from destroying SAM Sites, then AAA and only after that oll other targets

UPDATE
-- code removed for now --
sorry

Edited by Nox K.
  • Like 2

I'm finding I can't do much before getting surrounded by enemy fighters and blown out of the sky.  Is there a way to reduce this difficulty?  It's just me in singleplayer.  Do enemy fighter counts go down as mission progresses and they get shot down?
Also, and maybe this is because of all the enemy fighters, the tankers seem to be in a rather useless place.  If I have to practically be back at Incirlik to tank, I'm just going to land at Incirlink.  Am I doing something wrong?  Am I still playing an old verion?