Operation Scarlet Dawn - Syria PvE Persistent Campaign

12 hours ago, Surrexen said:

Operations Snowfox/Clear Field/Scarlet Dawn/Sea Slug have been updated to provide (hopefully) support for the latest open beta patch, which caused some scripting issues due to a fix that was rolled out to the API. I anticipate this will be the last time theses missions get updated in their current form, but of course you never know. Please let me know if any issues come up.

I was aiming to replace Operation Jupiter with what would been the first mission in a series for it, but it isn't quite ready yet and unfortunately will also be awaiting a fix for the new Biggin Hill airfield.

Any idea on when your uploads to these missions be applied to the dcswebsite? Ie still show the old versions on the site.

13 hours ago, Surrexen said:

Operations Snowfox/Clear Field/Scarlet Dawn/Sea Slug have been updated to provide (hopefully) support for the latest open beta patch, which caused some scripting issues due to a fix that was rolled out to the API. I anticipate this will be the last time theses missions get updated in their current form, but of course you never know. Please let me know if any issues come up.

I was aiming to replace Operation Jupiter with what would been the first mission in a series for it, but it isn't quite ready yet and unfortunately will also be awaiting a fix for the new Biggin Hill airfield.

Thanks for the update.

6 hours ago, EndersGame said:

Any idea on when your uploads to these missions be applied to the dcswebsite? Ie still show the old versions on the site.

I don't know why it does this but it's been like that for ages. It never changes to the dates etc. But the files are updated.

5 hours ago, Gebirgsjäger said:

Thank you for the update.
I think the Persistens is broken. The units from the Helo Script are persistent and work normaly. But the killed enemy groundvehicles are not persistent.

Persistence has been fairly unreliable for some time now. Hence it's going away soon. I will take a look at it though.

20 hours ago, Surrexen said:

I don't know why it does this but it's been like that for ages. It never changes to the dates etc. But the files are updated.

Persistence has been fairly unreliable for some time now. Hence it's going away soon. I will take a look at it though.

I was asking because for the generals file I still see calls to the old method of doing it:

local KillerUnit                 = Event.initiator
            local KillerUnitName             = Event.initiator:getName()
            local KillerUnitTypeName        = Event.initiator:getTypeName()    
            local KillerUnitCategory         = Event.initiator:getDesc().category            -- 0 AIRPLANE / 1 HELICOPTER / 2 GROUND_UNIT / 3 SHIP / 4 STRUCTURE

local TargetUnit                = Event.target
            local TargetUnitName            = Event.target:getName()            
            local TargetUnitTypeName        = Event.target:getTypeName()
            local TargetUnitCategory         = Event.initiator:getDesc().category            -- 0 AIRPLANE / 1 HELICOPTER / 2 GROUND_UNIT / 3 SHIP / 4 STRUCTURE    

Errors I get under a debug log are: 7388: attempt to concatenate local 'TargetUnitTypeName' (a nil value)

trigger.action.outText("A "..KillerUnitTypeName.." Has Killed An "..TargetUnitTypeName, 15)

Should it be updated too:

if Event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_DEAD then
        if Event.initiator then            
            if ( Object.getCategory(Event.initiator) == 1 or Object.getCategory(Event.initiator) == 3 ) then         -- UNIT or STATIC
                if ( Event.initiator:getCoalition() ~= nil ) then

local DeadUnit                  = Event.initiator                                    
                    local DeadUnitObjectCategory = Object.getCategory(Event.initiator)                        -- 1 UNIT / 2 WEAPON / 3 STATIC / 4 BASE / 5 SCENERY / 6 CARGO
                    local DeadUnitCategory          = Object.getCategory(Event.initiator)                    -- 0 AIRPLANE / 1 HELICOPTER / 2 GROUND_UNIT / 3 SHIP / 4 STRUCTURE
                    local DeadUnitCoalition      = Event.initiator:getCoalition()
                    local DeadUnitName             = Event.initiator:getName()

Edited by EndersGame

6 hours ago, EndersGame said:

I was asking because for the generals file I still see calls to the old method of doing it:

local KillerUnit                 = Event.initiator
            local KillerUnitName             = Event.initiator:getName()
            local KillerUnitTypeName        = Event.initiator:getTypeName()    
            local KillerUnitCategory         = Event.initiator:getDesc().category            -- 0 AIRPLANE / 1 HELICOPTER / 2 GROUND_UNIT / 3 SHIP / 4 STRUCTURE

local TargetUnit                = Event.target
            local TargetUnitName            = Event.target:getName()            
            local TargetUnitTypeName        = Event.target:getTypeName()
            local TargetUnitCategory         = Event.initiator:getDesc().category            -- 0 AIRPLANE / 1 HELICOPTER / 2 GROUND_UNIT / 3 SHIP / 4 STRUCTURE    

Errors I get under a debug log are: 7388: attempt to concatenate local 'TargetUnitTypeName' (a nil value)

trigger.action.outText("A "..KillerUnitTypeName.." Has Killed An "..TargetUnitTypeName, 15)

Should it be updated too:

if Event.id == world.event.S_EVENT_DEAD then
        if Event.initiator then            
            if ( Object.getCategory(Event.initiator) == 1 or Object.getCategory(Event.initiator) == 3 ) then         -- UNIT or STATIC
                if ( Event.initiator:getCoalition() ~= nil ) then

local DeadUnit                  = Event.initiator                                    
                    local DeadUnitObjectCategory = Object.getCategory(Event.initiator)                        -- 1 UNIT / 2 WEAPON / 3 STATIC / 4 BASE / 5 SCENERY / 6 CARGO
                    local DeadUnitCategory          = Object.getCategory(Event.initiator)                    -- 0 AIRPLANE / 1 HELICOPTER / 2 GROUND_UNIT / 3 SHIP / 4 STRUCTURE
                    local DeadUnitCoalition      = Event.initiator:getCoalition()
                    local DeadUnitName             = Event.initiator:getName()

I'll get onto it as soon as I can, thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chicki said:

Great mission.  Any tactical advice for a solo player?  Geeez, SAMS galore, roving bandits.  Seems impossible.  Thanks.

Dismantle the SAMS first. Make full use of radio call-in's. I repeat, make FULL use of radio call in's, doing everything yourself was never the way this was supposed to work. Be patient and time your attacks to coordinate with your radio call-in's. If you fly like a goose, you'll get plucked.

Edit: Things should also become a bit more manageable when the new versions are fully ready to go, but they aren't quite there yet.

Edited by Surrexen
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 8:10 AM, Spanker79 said:

Hello.
I have a problem regarding "Helo Operations", the spawing of crates and the construction options.
(i have downloaded the miz from https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313323/)
As you can see in the pics below i call from F-10 menu the crates and load them normally.
screen21.jpg
screen22.jpg

but when i go to the area in order to make a construction (for this example a M818 truck that needs 2x crates), when i unload the cargo/crate it is nowhere to be seen (pics below)
screen23.jpg
screen24.jpg

The distance from FARP Paris is 12.15NM and i have put a marker in order not to miss the spot.
screen25.jpg

Finally after i bring a construction team and try to build this M818 it tells me that there are no crates in the area... 
screen26.jpg

Does anyone else has the same problem?
@Surrexen can you help? is this a bug?

Are these constructions supposed to be built only inside airbases or the 12.15NM is not enough an i have to be in a larger distance.

Looking forward for your answers guys..
(sorry for my bad english)

Thanks

Screen_221217_085802.jpg

Screen_221217_085815.jpg

Screen_221217_090920.jpg

Screen_221217_090929.jpg

Screen_221217_091748.jpg

Screen_221217_094811.jpg

I've tried my hand at some helicopter logistics on the latest version and it seem the problem with disappearing crates is still there.

The engineers always have 0 crates, no mater how many you bring. 😪

Edited by swartbyron

4 hours ago, swartbyron said:

I've tried my hand at some helicopter logistics on the latest version and it seem the problem with disappearing crates is still there.

The engineers always have 0 crates, no mater how many you bring. 😪

When you unload crates do they ever appear?

Edit: Can confirm that unfortunately unloading crates got broken as a result of the various 2.9 and Moose changes. I would suggest waiting until the new versions of the missions are ready as this is working correctly in the new code.

Edited by Surrexen
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Surrexen, Do you maintain the 332nd Operation Jupiter server? If you do, could you turn the chevron labels back on?  We really liked having a server that was fun and you could see the targets. If you are the one who can do that, we would appreciate it. We already have several "realistic" servers that are very difficult to fly in. We need a good WWII server that is fun! Thanks! I know this is the wrong thread...Sorry!

9 hours ago, Blackhawk NC said:

Surrexen, Do you maintain the 332nd Operation Jupiter server? If you do, could you turn the chevron labels back on?  We really liked having a server that was fun and you could see the targets. If you are the one who can do that, we would appreciate it. We already have several "realistic" servers that are very difficult to fly in. We need a good WWII server that is fun! Thanks! I know this is the wrong thread...Sorry!

No I don't run any servers so unfortunately I can't help you with that, but if you like Operation Jupiter in it's current state (which is quite old), you're really going to love what's in the oven ...

I have pre and post invasion mission templates completed and just sorting out some final tweaks before I add the objectives back into them. Both pre and post invasion templates contain sectors throughout the entire map so you can fly anywhere any get yourself into trouble 🙂 One of the objective based missions in the pre invasion template is based on Eagle Day to give you an idea of what's cooking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Am 12.12.2023 um 10:36 schrieb Surrexen:

When you unload crates do they ever appear?

Edit: Can confirm that unfortunately unloading crates got broken as a result of the various 2.9 and Moose changes. I would suggest waiting until the new versions of the missions are ready as this is working correctly in the new code.

I can confirm that the new moose will break the crates. i loadet the old moose in your latest version and the crate does normally unload. But with the old moose you get a lot of errors in the log. This couses a massive desync on our server.

We are flying your mission in our squadron for over 2 years and would like to fly it for another 2 years. It's simply the best mission for a persistent server.🍻
We would like to give you a small donation for your hard work. Have you paypal? Please write me a pn.

Greetings from Austria and Germany. And Merry Christmas🎅

Edited by Gebirgsjäger
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Operation Jupiter has been updated. It contains 3 missions:

A template type mission for pre-invasion. Ground has radars and flak only. No set ground targets. Intended for dogfight mayhem.

A template type mission for post-invasion (very similar to the old Operation Jupiter layout). Ground has radars and flak only. No set ground targets. Intended for dogfight mayhem.

Adlertag an objective based mission that runs for about 3 hours loosely based on 'Eagle Day'

Download is attached

You will need Normandy 2.0 and WW2 Assets pack

If some warbird pilots could give them a try and provide feedback that would be great. Hopefully you like them.

Edit: All other missions have been removed from user files as they are broken

Operation Jupiter.zip

Edited by Surrexen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Will

Am 24.1.2024 um 09:06 schrieb Surrexen:

Edit: All other missions have been removed from user files as they are broken

Will there be a reupload of Scarlett Dawn and Operation Snowfox to the new DCS Ver. ?

• Like 5

SYSTEM SPECS: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, NZXT Kraken X62 V2, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL DDR4-3600, Gigabyte RTX 3080, Samsung 980 PRO M.2, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind V3, TrackIR 5, Meta Quest 3
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro, OpenKneeboard, Joystick Gremlin, HIDHide, Virtual Desktop

• 1 month later...