How to export profile from X56 software to import to DCS?

CliffH

I spent the best part of today using the X56 software (Profiler?) to add key presses etc.

When I click the profile icon, I thought a save box was supposed to appear so I could choose a location to save the .lua files. However, nothing happens. All I can do is save a .pro file via save as. How do I import this into DCS please? The .pro file is in a folder called F-15C.

To make keybinds, macros, axis changes, and button presses. It just so happens that the feature you want isn't a part of the suite.

• 2 months later...

Wait, so people are manually mapping everything (as in, from the PDFs I've downloaded) to DCS manually? What? Where are the files stored? If one of you experts has done this, me, as a n00b, can't find someone's files somewhere?

Forgive me, maybe I don't understand, but, what planet am I on?

24 minutes ago, CatsFive said:

Wait, so people are manually mapping everything (as in, from the PDFs I've downloaded) to DCS manually? What? Where are the files stored? If one of you experts has done this, me, as a n00b, can't find someone's files somewhere?

Forgive me, maybe I don't understand, but, what planet am I on?

Saitek/Logitech profiler is basically a macro program.  With the profiler, buttons on your joystick will emulate keystroke.  Keystrokes that match keyboard commands of DCS.  And you save the profile as Saitek profile and switch for different plane.  It does not export lua file.  And X56 section in DCS should be unassigned.

You keep everything as default in DCS.  Except the axis of course.

Reason for using Saitek profiler is the advanced commands.  You can have it do one command when you press a button, do another command while you hold it down, then another command when you release the button.  For example, press launch button to launch a missile, hold it down to switch camera to weapon view, then release the button returns the view to cockpit.

Or speed brake, most module in DCS have one key for extend and one key for retract.  With the profiler, you can have the speed brake extend while you hold the button down, and retract when you release the button.

Edited by Taz1004

Wow, much respect. To you and this forum. That... makes sense. I thought I was going to have to sit here with the PDF and program everything myself, from the PDF, in DCS. So instead, I need to get the Saitek profiler. Got it. 

Thank you to you and everyone here. Marvellous.

C5