Confused about TGP and MAV

flankerjun

I have abandoned VIPER for more than 6 month,so after last update,i try to pick the VIPER up,and try the MAV with TGP,in AUTO hand-off mode,what is confused me is the slew of TPG,when i hit the first target,it is all normal,then i shift the target,slew the TPG to find the target,but sometimes i can't slew the TGP with the throttle curse or the TGP is moving very slow,and also i idon't know where the TGP is point to!

viper tgp and mav-65d issue.trk

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

I can't help you because I have a bigger problem in that I can not slew the TGP, but hope someone will help us both. My tgp is just stuck in what seems like INR mode and trying to change it does nothing. Even the chosen mode dose not

show up on the screen. When I switch to agm I am able to slew it to tgt without a problem. Track mode not changing, sensor type changes but not helping with slew.

Can't figure the problem

Help

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Hey guys, as always a track to see what you are doing, one thought though. Do you have the Mav in PRE mode to allow TGP slew? Thanks.

AH yea PRE :)

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Hey guys, as always a track to see what you are doing, one thought though. Do you have the Mav in PRE mode to allow TGP slew? Thanks.

i have upload the trk file.what confused me is that i don't know how to boresight the tgp to find another target.

and also the mav do not automatic lock the target ,i need to SOI MAV and TMS UP.

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

i have upload the trk file.what confused me is that i don't know how to boresight the tgp to find another target.

and also the mav do not automatic lock the target ,i need to SOI MAV and TMS UP.

I just few a mission yesterday. If your tgt's are fairly close, make sure tgp is in auto, once you have point track on first tgt, then make ( mav ) soi then when in range tms up to lock and fire. Move back to tgp soi it should still be ground stab, slew to next tgt, mav should auto move to that next tgt, and eve if the cross hairs do not collapse the mav should still fire and hit tgt. Repeat.

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I was fighting with this for the last 2 days. In the end I conceded to just use the IR slew.

I can kind of get it to work via steerpoint. I can get Snowplow mode about 30% of time. I click SP, some times I can see the marker in the hud, MAV pointing to it as well, great. Some times I click SP and it goes to something "off screen" and MAV doesnt even notice. Its very strange. Problem is even when it works, the auto hand off isnt reliable either, some times I need to unlock and point-lock again couple of times on a moving target to get MAV to get the "C", by then im already 2 miles away.

When I've started to fly Hornet... well in F/A-18 TGP and MAV works beautifuly... in F-16 I think we need to wait... PRE plan mode sometimes works, sometimes not... snow plow (SP) is there but thats it... velocity vector is missing (hope will be there cause its really usefull)... we simply need to wait for solid TGP update.

• Like 1

Madhatter sig2.png

|Ka-50|A-10C2|FC3|F-16C Viper|F-14A/B Tomcat|F/A-18 Hornet|Mig-21bis|Bf-109K-4|Spitfire.IX|FW190 D-9|Normandy|Channel|Nevada|Gulf|Syria|Supercarrier|AH-64D Apache|F-15E Mudhen|