Per-aircraft PTT buttons

Dragon1-1

Very simple...
The procedure proposed by Hollywood 315 ....
If I have to do it in addition to the Mig28 also for the mig45
How can I do it at the same time?

Il 5/12/2020 at 09:16, Hollywood_315 ha scritto:

Step 1 

Edit the TX2 Press and Release command in the profile (which are mapped to a throttle button) 
Create a conditional block around the plugin call using the exposed variable for the active module name: 

- Go to command edit menu Other -> Advanced -> Begin a Conditional (If statement) block -> Single condition -> Text
- Variable/Token {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} Does Not Equal Mig28 Or Mig45 <--Right?!?!
- Move the 'execute external plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' line down to sit between Begin and End so result looks like this

Begin Text Compare {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} Does Not Equal ' Mig28' ?? presume (I still have to try) -> 'Mig28' Or 'Mig45'
    'execute external plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' 
End 

In particular..
I want to use the stick trigger for the PTT of the Huey and Mi-24.

UPDATE 

Solved thanks to all

Edited by fabio.dangelo
  • Like 1

Very simple...

In particular..
Hold on, I'll post instructions. I think I see where it went wrong.
I'll just read up on exactly what Hollywood wrote, because I think I do it a little different.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Okay, I try again.

Open and edit your VAICOM VoiceAttack profile.

Rightclick your "TX1 press" and duplicate.

image.png

Check "When I say" And change it to "Transmit TX1 press (whateveryouwant)"

You can see how I do it, you might want to use "Helicopters" if they're all gonna be the same.

Uncheck "When I say"

Now click

"Other -> Advanced -> Begin a conditional (If Statement) Block-> Compound Condition Builder"

image.png

Fill in the fields as required, you can copy strings below.

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name}

Mi-24P (or Helicopters if you want all helicopters)

image.png

If you don't want to use it for all helicopters, click "Add Set (Or)"

image.png

And add the Huey

UH-1H

image.png

Now select the line and click up

image.png

So it looks like this, and "OK"

image.png

Now, do the same with your original "TX1 press" and use the "Does Not Equal" and fill in accordingly, by either using "Helicopters" or making two statements for the Mi-24P and UH-1H. 

image.png

And you'll end up with a list like this. 

image.png

If anything is unclear, just ask. 

Hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, fabio.dangelo said:

Very simple...

In particular..

UPDATE 

Solved thanks to all

LOL!!! Didn't see that while I made my long post. HAHA

Glad you got it working! 😊

I made the "per aircraft PTT" work for the HIND and HIP.

So far, so good.

Now for my favorite ride, the F-14. Is there a way to discriminate between RIO and Pilot.

For the pilot, everything is set, but I would like to change PTT in the RIO Pit to the Pedal switches and leave the PTT on the HOTAS alone. As far as I found out, Vaicom just detects the F-14 as a whole, or are there ways to do the differential setup?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, MAXsenna said:

Okay, I try again.

Open and edit your VAICOM VoiceAttack profile.

Rightclick your "TX1 press" and duplicate.

image.png

Check "When I say" And change it to "Transmit TX1 press (whateveryouwant)"

You can see how I do it, you might want to use "Helicopters" if they're all gonna be the same.

Uncheck "When I say"

Now click

"Other -> Advanced -> Begin a conditional (If Statement) Block-> Compound Condition Builder"

image.png

Fill in the fields as required, you can copy strings below.

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name}

Mi-24P (or Helicopters if you want all helicopters)

image.png

If you don't want to use it for all helicopters, click "Add Set (Or)"

image.png

And add the Huey

UH-1H

image.png

Now select the line and click up

image.png

So it looks like this, and "OK"

image.png

Now, do the same with your original "TX1 press" and use the "Does Not Equal" and fill in accordingly, by either using "Helicopters" or making two statements for the Mi-24P and UH-1H. 

image.png

And you'll end up with a list like this. 

image.png

If anything is unclear, just ask. 

Hope this helps! 

Cheers! 

hi @MAXsenna , again thanks a lot for the write-up ! couple of questions:

- where can i find an index of the modules syntax to be used in the conditional part: {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} equals <module>

- why is the "{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} DOES NOT EQUAL ..." statement needed? in other words, if every other TX node has a proper condition assigned to it, do i need the DOES NOT EQUAL ?

thanks!

Edited by HILOK

- where can i find an index of the modules syntax to be used in the conditional part: {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} equals module>
- why is the "{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} DOES NOT EQUAL ..." statement needed? in other words, if every other TX node has a proper condition assigned to it, do i need the DOES NOT EQUAL ?

thanks!
Have a look at post #20 in this thread for module names.
I might update it after the weekend.
Correct, The "does not equal" is not needed, except for special cases, like if there is only one module that's different from all the others. Like in the example.
A better use will probably be like the MiG-21 uses different kneeboard keypresses compared to every other module to my knowledge.
But that's for ordinary VoiceAttack commands, and not VAICOM.
Cheers!

- where can i find an index of the modules syntax to be used in the conditional part: {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} equals module>

thanks!
Have a look at post #20 in this thread for module names.
I might update it after the weekend.
Correct, The "does not equal" is not needed, except for special cases, like if there is only one module that's different from all the others. Like in the example.
A better use will probably be like the MiG-21 uses different kneeboard keypresses compared to every other module to my knowledge.
But that's for ordinary VoiceAttack commands, and not VAICOM.
Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 10:16 AM, Hollywood_315 said:

Step 1 

Edit the TX2 Press and Release command in the profile (which are mapped to a throttle button) 
Create a conditional block around the plugin call using the exposed variable for the active module name: 

- Go to command edit menu Other -> Advanced -> Begin a Conditional (If statement) block -> Single condition -> Text
- Variable/Token {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} Does Not Equal Mig28
- Move the 'execute external plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' line down to sit between Begin and End so result looks like this

Begin Text Compare {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} Does Not Equal ' Mig28'
    'execute external plugin 'VAICOM PRO 2.5' 
End 

Do this for both the Press and Release command. 
The effect is that the default TX2 Press/Release combo is now no longer used with this module.     

This bit doesn't seem to take effect for me. Step 2 adds the new PTT as desired, but the original PTT is still functional as in the Step 1 does absolutely nothing.

This bit doesn't seem to take effect for me. Step 2 adds the new PTT as desired, but the original PTT is still functional as in the Step 1 does absolutely nothing.

Post your code, and we'll sort it.
Cheers!

7 hours ago, adirtynurse said:

Codes below in Spoilers.

I should mention that I tried adding the helis separately with the Helicopters keyword as you said, but that did not function at all.

Hide contents

image.pngimage.png

image.png

image.png

Okay. Had a look.

I suggest for simplicity, that you have one TX1 press/release that equals airplanes, and one the equals helicopters. Because in your first one, it seems to me, that you exclude the individual helicopters, but don't include any airplanes.

So if you do it that way, there is actually no reason to do any excluding. Quite sure I ran into the same issue, when I started fiddling with this. 😊

Anyway, I have attached my profile in a zip so you can have a look, and just copy over whatever you need.

The profile is not done in anyway. I usually just change it when I need to add something.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

VAICOM PRO for DCS World (MAXsenna v1.0)-Profile.zip

That did. The "Does not equal" function doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Side question in your tutorial above you say to use "Helicopters" as the module name. It doesn't work for me. Is it supposed to? I mean is there another way of doing the PTTs other than just going through the whole list of modules?

That did. The "Does not equal" function doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Side question in your tutorial above you say to use "Helicopters" as the module name. It doesn't work for me. Is it supposed to? I mean is there another way of doing the PTTs other than just going through the whole list of modules?
Hmmm
That's strange, helicopters and airplanes should work, (on my cell, check manual), because it worked for me, until I decided to split them as I wanted different setup for some helicopters.
If I remember, I might test again, even with the "does not equal".
BTW. This is, (you probably know it anyway), all VoiceAttack stuff, it only passes it to VAICOM, which does the comparison with DCS. Hence the importance of casing and spelling.

EDIT: I might be incorrect about case. I will check it again, because "begins with" works for all A-10s with "Begins with A-10", but I'm not sure if "begins with su" works for all SUs.

Okay. I looked into it and it seems for Helicopters and Airplanes to work the string is different.
Instead of {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} we have to use {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat}
Ahhhh!!! Sorry for not getting back to you, and yes, I remember now. You're spot on.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...