Convert Campaigns to Single Missions

Posted on Lockon files, but no oy so I'd thought I'd try here...

I'm trying use the utility here on Lockon Files that lets you extract missions from the campaigns so I can edit some for Co-Op use. It's meant for LO FC 1.1 and I have 1.12 so perhaps that's my problem.

I get the following screen when trying to run the utility. If I choose ignore then I get a window saying the missions have been extracted but there no where to be found. Anyone know the problem or know another way to extract the mission files form the campaigns so they are single *.mis files?

Thanks

2520859284_1055194697_o_d.jpg

Hi Crunch!

Backup your missions\campaign folder ahead just to be sure.

The target campaign file has to be in its original location. Just place the folder with the util on the on C drive "C:\ExtractMisCampLO_ENG" Then run the extractor and browse to the lockon installation directory "proper" and choose the campaign you want: "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Missions\Campaigns\su-33_campaign.cmp". Click "extract missions" button and it will work. You will then find the missions numbered sequentially and extracted in the campaign folder along side the original campaign. Just move the seperate mis files to your place of choice and edit away...excellent tool!

Steve, just let me know if you want some quick tips on converting to multiplayer as I have already done this with several campaigns. Works great!

S!

Out

• Like 1

Hi Polecat. Thanks very much for your help, however, even after putting the utility in the root directory and making a copy of the campaigns to the default installation path to extract, I still received the same error. Something wrong on my end I'm sure related to my PC only. I had a friend extract the missions for me with no issues and send them to me so I'm good now.

I'll use the merge function to setup some quick Clients. If you want to post some of your completed conversions please do so. Actually, that would be a good project for someone to post on Lockonfiles.com. Again thanks for the help!

Odd because I can easily reproduce the error you are getting. The ONLY way it works for me is if I extract the missions from the campaign file in its original location, meaning Lockon must be installed and the campaign located in its proper directory. I get this error if I try to extract the campaign file by placing it in another location other then its default or by trying to place the campaign file in the folder with the utility.

Out

Stopped working for me quite awhile ago following a batch of Windows updates and fixes--that may not have been the cause but the correlation is interesting. Doesn't matter where the files are or which version of the sim I'm working with, that error message appears. It's a utility I can no longer use.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 11 Pro x64, Asrock Z790 Steel Legend MoBo, Intel i7-13700K, MSI RKT 4070 Super 12GB, Corsair Dominator DDR5 RAM 32GB.

Extract Campaign Missions

Well guys - I just extracted the F-15 Campaigns missions. It worked just as previous stated. I have the extraction in my separate LOMAC flight sim additions folder on my C-drive (outside the programs folders).

I ran the utility - selected the F-15 Campaign files in the LOMAC/Missions/Campaigns folder and told it to extract - which it did. I then cut and pasted the single mission files over to my F-15 Missions folder.

I'm using the "ExtractMisCampLO_ENG" program created April 15, 2007 As far as I am aware I am running the most current changes to my WinXP. No problems!

:pilotfly: Speedbrake

...It's a utility I can no longer use. Rich

Well at least I'm not alone ;)

Here's a copy of all the campaigns extracted to single missions in case anyone wants them. If anyone wants to link any of these missions that have been converted to multiplayer for 2P, 3P etc. please go ahead. I know there are the 25T campaign missions converted to MP on lockonfiles.com

Well at least I'm not alone ;)

Here's a copy of all the campaigns extracted to single missions in case anyone wants them. If anyone wants to link any of these missions that have been converted to multiplayer for 2P, 3P etc. please go ahead. I know there are the 25T campaign missions converted to MP on lockonfiles.com

I have the same error as in your first post. My instalation of FC is not in default path. Could that present the problem?

Anyway, many thanks for extracted mission files!

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

I have the same error as in your first post. My instalation of FC is not in default path. Could that present the problem?

Anyway, many thanks for extracted mission files!

I think that may be the problem but then again my friend extracted these and his install is not in the default folder so I am stumped.

Yesterday I got same problem, solved by Polecat instructions! Thx alot mate :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Pleasure man. Works just fine for me if I do it by the numbers as I have laid out. Before this I was also quite sure the program was broken or unable to run on my machine as well, as I was plagued by the same messages as Crunch and Ironhand. Works fine for all I have recommended this to, surprised it does not work for Steve or Rich. It has worked for me with both XP SP2 and witht he latest SP3. Just to clariify the instructions fully in the hope that it may help:

1: Extract utilility to its own folder and place folder on C: Drive. C:\ExtractMisCampLO_ENG

2: Install Lockon>FC>to default directory and patch to 1.12.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On (Not sure if it works if you install to alternate location)

3: Run the utility> click "choose campaign" Browse to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Missions\Campaigns and choose your campaign from the list. (This will not work if you move or copy the campaign you are trying to extract missions from outside anywhere of the original installation folder)

4: Click "Extract missions". Missions should now be extracted to the campaign folder along side of the original campaign.

Out