"Center VR view" doesn't support vertical tilt in Oculus

darek

Hi,

today, when you fly in a reclined position with Oculus (e.g. sitting on a recliner chair etc) you cannot force center of view to be in front of your eyes - you have to lean heavy forward to see the cockpit. It looks like the "center VR view" allows only for horizontal re-orientation on Oculus, not vertical. According to this thread:

this works properly on Oddyssey+, but not on Oculus.

That's an Oculus issue, has nothing to do with DCS. When you set it up, you show it where the floor is and what your room looks like. It knows what's up and down and centers accordingly.

If you want to change it, I would suggest pestering Facebook/Oculus about it.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

zhukov032186,

FYI subject of my post might by a little bit off, as I'm not considering it a DCS bug but rather a field for a nice improvement.

Simple floor-height orientation setup would not address this. The whole "forward" projection vector needs to be tilted, by offsetting gyro readout. From the DCS engine point of view, I think this could be handled via the before-mentioned configurable tilt angle applied to the projection pipeline. Are you part of the DCS development team so that your negative answer is based on actual deep technical knowledge of the engine? If not, I would really appreciate the get some feedback from the dev team🙂

Edited by darek

@BIGNEWY

do you think someone from the DCS VR dev team could take a peek at this and provide some feedback? I would really appreciate that... That might help people with neck issues or those who due to different issues cannot play in 90-degrees sited position.

Edited by darek

I don't think zhukov was trying to be negative.  But he is right that this is hardware issue.  Or design.  I haven't tried all the headsets out there so there may be some headset that will allow you to tilt axis but most headsets, forward is forward.  Along with tracking sensors, most of them have gyro sensors so tilting the axis wont work properly if you're lying down.

The game engine simply takes the orientation sent from the headset and apply it to the camera.  Achieving what you're asking for in the engine means changing the World Up.  That can't be done in real time.

Yeah, I wasn't being rude. Seriously, this isn't a DCS issue. They can't do anything about how your headset works, you're asking the wrong people. If you want to change it, you need to pester the manufacturer, Oculus/Facebook. It works like this in EVERY product, not just DCS.

As Taz mentioned, due to the way the headset is designed it's probably not going to happen.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2