I cannot figure out how to point track or area track

mclay7

that and the tgp should be soi.

One more thing, first focus on learning the TGP with laser bombs.

Also learn it's modes, like snowplough.

Don't use it in conjunction with mav's until you have a good understanding of the tgp and mavericks using the maverick seeker.

make sure to watch wag's f16 viper tutorials and try doing it yourself, it should get you up to speed, and you'll learn it the proper way.

Edited by DoctorVixen
  • Like 1

Lol not the sameSame here. In CCRP with the tpod and laser gbus, I can't designate anything. I do tms fwrd but nothing happens. My ccrp line is aiming like nowhere, have no ETA nor time to drop on hud.

ll record it

Edited by Juanillo

13 hours ago, Machalot said:

Can you be more specific about what this phrase means in your OP?  "it never shows up where I can TMS up"

okay i'll try to best explain this. To be clear I make sure i put it in CCRP mode, and the tgp is soi. At that point the tgp is locked onto whatever steerpoint i have plugged in. This is where it goes wrong. I TMS up to get it off of the steer point and then try and find another target or road or bridge. Anything really but no matter what i do I cannot get AREA or POINT to show up on the tgp display. I TMS right, Down, Up. Nothing happens. Also the TGP doesnt stay on one point when i move the view around after getting it off of the steer point. It's like the TGP is just staying still and moves with the plane. In the tutorials it looks to me like the TGP will stay focused on whereever the person leaves it.

Edited by mclay7

1 minute ago, taco3rd said:

is your hotas mapped correctly? Are you sure you're using the TMS and not the DMS, for example? I don't mean to be insulting if you're experienced. I'm assuming you're fairly new.

Not insulting at all. I checked the mapping. It's correct

Just now, taco3rd said:

More simple stuff just to throw it out there. You're properly aligned and master arm is on?

the aligned thing i could be doing wrong. I've done a in flight align and it seems to work. Master arm on and laser on as well

I'd suggest watching a Grim Reapers or Wags youtube video and learn how to align with a stored heading while you're starting up. Not being aligned causes all kinds of issues. It only takes a minute and a half. It's an absolute mandatory thing to do and don't call your ground crew until its done and you've switched to NAV.

Edited by taco3rd

If you push TMS left does it cycle between TV, white hot, and black hot? 

If you slew the TGP around a bit, then hit TMS down, does it Cursor Zero (i.e. snap back to the steerpoint)?

For that matter, do you have at least one real steerpoint in the mission at start up, or are you manually entering them after start up? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

3 minutes ago, Machalot said:

If you push TMS left does it cycle between TV, white hot, and black hot? Yep

If you slew the TGP around a bit, then hit TMS down, does it Cursor Zero (i.e. snap back to the steerpoint)? correct

For that matter, do you have at least one real steerpoint in the mission at start up, or are you manually entering them after start up? yea I'm doing the first mission on persian gulf

51 minutes ago, taco3rd said:

I'd suggest watching a Grim Reapers or Wags youtube video and learn how to align with a stored heading while you're starting up. Not being aligned causes all kinds of issues. It only takes a minute and a half. It's an absolute mandatory thing to do and don't call your ground crew until its done and you've switched to NAV.

okay I made sure I was aligned correctly and still cant get it to work

26 minutes ago, Machalot said:

If you slew the TGP around a bit, then hit TMS down, does it Cursor Zero (i.e. snap back to the steerpoint)? 

26 minutes ago, Machalot said:

It does but it wont stay on the steer point. it drifts to the right slowly. Not sure why

52 minutes ago, mclay7 said:

okay i apologize. User error. I had the tgp slew left/right assigned to an axis and it was working but apparently it didn't like it. Switched it and now works great.

Might need a deadzone in the middle of that axis so that if it "jiggles" it doesn't actually move the TGP.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.