[Version 1.8 released] iPad application for displaying and interacting with UFCs: iUFCExport

--

And here are finally the updated Lua files: https://github.com/wluc9875/iUFCExport-LuaScript/releases/tag/v1.8

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Trying it out right now 🙂

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

Thanks so much for this!  A million times easier than trying to get Helios to work!

I just gave it a try and found that there's a sync issue with the text on the F-15E UFC next to the ten PBs at the top.  The buttons work but, for example, going into the steerpoint menu (at PB10) doesn't change the text in the app (it does successfully do it in the jet in DCS though).  Looks like backing out and back into the F-15E in the app let it update once, but didn't refresh after that. 

Not sure if that's helpful, I can try to provide more info/images/logs(??) if needed.

Edit: tried it out with the Hornet and everything worked great, so looks like it's F-15E specific.  I should also clarify that this is front cockpit only, didn't try in the WSO seat.

Edited by MelonFarmer

Initial impressions are REALLY nice!

Couple of (inevitable) things...

WSO UFC does not seem to work, in cockpit display does not change, nor does the IPad display when in the WSO seat.

Exception is the vol rotaries, if pressed they change the preset number, this should be on the white button, slightly above the vol switch, same in the pilot seat. The white button is a press AND rotary, rotary changes the preset, press enters the freq into the system. The volume switches are just that, volume alone, and the bottom left brt rotary simply adjusts the brightness of the in-cockpit display (doesn't look like anything is mapped to it though)

Radio 2 decimal is on the Ipad is one too many to the right (ie 266.000 shows as 2660.00). As well a leading "T" shows up, not sure what that is, it MAY be in-game, but I have not seen it before.

Menu button does not indicate on the IPad display. The cockpit display changes though, so the actual push buttons SEEM to do what they are supposed to, it just does not display on the IPad

As I find stuff, I'll let you know, but this is a clear game-changer!

Edited by Darkdiz

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I'll have to check that out, I don't THINK I was transmitting, but I'll have a look

*********** Looked, the "T" signifies the currently selected radio. SRS didn't seem to trigger the "T", only the radio menu triggered it, as far as I could tell

Edited by Darkdiz

On 9/30/2023 at 9:45 PM, MelonFarmer said:

Thanks so much for this!  A million times easier than trying to get Helios to work!

I just gave it a try and found that there's a sync issue with the text on the F-15E UFC next to the ten PBs at the top.  The buttons work but, for example, going into the steerpoint menu (at PB10) doesn't change the text in the app (it does successfully do it in the jet in DCS though).  Looks like backing out and back into the F-15E in the app let it update once, but didn't refresh after that. 

Not sure if that's helpful, I can try to provide more info/images/logs(??) if needed.

Edit: tried it out with the Hornet and everything worked great, so looks like it's F-15E specific.  I should also clarify that this is front cockpit only, didn't try in the WSO seat.

You're welcome !

I noticed the problem with PB10 too. For now, I don't understand what's going on. It's as if DCS wasn't sending any update after you push this button and only this button. Will analyze more this weekend.

WSO seat is not supported yet.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

On 9/30/2023 at 9:48 PM, Darkdiz said:

Initial impressions are REALLY nice!

Couple of (inevitable) things...

WSO UFC does not seem to work, in cockpit display does not change, nor does the IPad display when in the WSO seat.

Exception is the vol rotaries, if pressed they change the preset number, this should be on the white button, slightly above the vol switch, same in the pilot seat. The white button is a press AND rotary, rotary changes the preset, press enters the freq into the system. The volume switches are just that, volume alone, and the bottom left brt rotary simply adjusts the brightness of the in-cockpit display (doesn't look like anything is mapped to it though)

Radio 2 decimal is on the Ipad is one too many to the right (ie 266.000 shows as 2660.00). As well a leading "T" shows up, not sure what that is, it MAY be in-game, but I have not seen it before.

Menu button does not indicate on the IPad display. The cockpit display changes though, so the actual push buttons SEEM to do what they are supposed to, it just does not display on the IPad

As I find stuff, I'll let you know, but this is a clear game-changer!

Thanks for the feedback!

WSO UFC is not supported yet.

The vol rotaries are not implemented. I used that free space to put the channel increment/decrement instead, because the white button is already used for push. If it's too disturbing, I can change the increment/decrement position.

I noticed the radio frequency decimal position issue. I'll fix that this weekend.

I know the PB10 button doesn't get a display update, but I didn't notice that the MENU button does the same. I'll check that.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 12:09 AM, HILOK said:

would you consider changing the background color and also that of the frames (top, bottom) to black?

Have you tried to switch to Dark Mode? It looks like it does what you're asking for.

9 minutes ago, lwalter said:

Have you tried to switch to Dark Mode? It looks like it does what you're asking for.

just 5 min ago, it came to my mind 😅 -works! thanks

on my admittedly old 'air 2', some of the background images are cut off, or don't fill the screen in portrait mode. is there anything that could be done here?

964CFE4A-28D1-4D30-8514-DE71C44012B3.png

471DB7AC-965C-430A-8CCD-E7354E81A6A3.png

AE048A31-A92E-4734-BCA4-130AA4B3A588.png

6B8CADA1-C1F6-4763-92AE-F82060199390.png

2 hours ago, HILOK said:

just 5 min ago, it came to my mind 😅 -works! thanks

on my admittedly old 'air 2', some of the background images are cut off, or don't fill the screen in portrait mode. is there anything that could be done here?

That's odd - I've been using an old Air 2 as well and didn't see this issue.  The dark gray bars that cut off the UFCs on your iPad are transparent on mine.  I don't recall doing anything to change that, so not sure why the difference.

Edited by MelonFarmer

7 hours ago, MelonFarmer said:

That's odd - I've been using an old Air 2 as well and didn't see this issue.  The dark gray bars that cut off the UFCs on your iPad are transparent on mine.  I don't recall doing anything to change that, so not sure why the difference.

oh, ok, then it must be the ancient ios version i have running 😆

I played around with it a bit more.  Everything works great, including setting a new steerpoint (selecting a number, then PB10 in the top right), until I press PB10 to enter the Steerpoint submenu (e.g. press PB10 without any numbers in the scratchpad).  After that, the app doesn't go into the steerpoint menu (but DCS does) and the displays don't sync correctly anymore, even after going back to the main menu.  So certainly looks like something breaks when PB10 is pressed to enter that submenu.

Edited by MelonFarmer

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2023 at 4:31 PM, MelonFarmer said:

I played around with it a bit more.  Everything works great, including setting a new steerpoint (selecting a number, then PB10 in the top right), until I press PB10 to enter the Steerpoint submenu (e.g. press PB10 without any numbers in the scratchpad).  After that, the app doesn't go into the steerpoint menu (but DCS does) and the displays don't sync correctly anymore, even after going back to the main menu.  So certainly looks like something breaks when PB10 is pressed to enter that submenu.

The root cause of the bug related to the UFC line updates after pushing PB10 is still under investigation from my side. 

However, I found a workaround to fix it. In the iUFCExport.lua script, just comment out these 2 highlighted lines at the bottom of the file (using 2 dashes like I did).

I'll post a new version of the lua for those downloading them from GitHub.

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2023 at 11:14 PM, Bigity said:

I don't suppose there is a way to display/control the A-10 DCU with this app? I see an old reference to it but nothing since. The UFC is handy but the entire CDU would be great! 

If you have an android device, this app is really good for the A-10C CDU :

image.png

06th Multirole Helicopter Regiment

Bataillon d'appui aérien - Escadrille HOG

On 11/11/2023 at 8:49 AM, lwalter said:

The root cause of the bug related to the UFC line updates after pushing PB10 is still under investigation from my side. 

However, I found a workaround to fix it. In the iUFCExport.lua script, just comment out these 2 highlighted lines at the bottom of the file (using 2 dashes like I did).

I'll post a new version of the lua for those downloading them from GitHub.

Capture.PNG

Hmm, this doesn’t seem to fix it on my end. Anyone else have luck or is it just a “me” problem?

On 1/7/2024 at 2:37 PM, MelonFarmer said:

Hmm, this doesn’t seem to fix it on my end. Anyone else have luck or is it just a “me” problem?

Weird. I suppose you made sure to make the changes I highlighted to the Lua script or that you replaced it with the new version from GitHub, right? (no change needed on the iPad side)

On 12/26/2023 at 11:14 PM, Bigity said:

I don't suppose there is a way to display/control the A-10 DCU with this app? I see an old reference to it but nothing since. The UFC is handy but the entire CDU would be great! 

I add new panels on request by users. So if you'd like a CDU, I can work on it. It will come after another request I got about adding a DED to the F-16 ICP.

Meanwhile, feel free to use the Android app that @MirabelleBenou suggested if it works for you.

5 hours ago, lwalter said:

Weird. I suppose you made sure to make the changes I highlighted to the Lua script or that you replaced it with the new version from GitHub, right? (no change needed on the iPad side)

Yup.  Just to be safe, I went back and deleted my old lua and added the newest from Github and confirmed it had the lines commented out.  Still stopped getting a response when going to the SP submenu (PB10 from the main menu).  I did notice that after I go into the SP subpage (and the app stops updating the display), if I back out of the UFC in the app and re-select F-15E, it comes back to a blank UFC display.  But if I MENU to the main UFC menu, then do the same "back out and reselect the aircraft", the displays reappear and will update properly.  I also noticed a similar issue with the MARK page (though haven't played with it enough, but I could and then provide more details if it helps).

edit: added a video of the behavior since I don't think I worded it well.   I do some stuff that works just fine for me to show it's otherwise working (e.g. change the LAW, change the SP but don't enter the SP submenu)

Edited by MelonFarmer
added video
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...