Airfield Static Templates for Nevada Map

Minsky

Hello,

I'm opening this thread to provide support for a set of Static Templates that I've edited for the airbases of the Nevada Map. I've only edited a single set for the Blue side, as I've never had to use a Red coalition airbase on that Map 🙂

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314426/

They are 16 Static Templates that I edited to provide scenery objects and air defense for each Airbase on the Nevada Map:

9XTHE9e.jpg

These Templates make use of five User Mods, that must be installed prior to actually using the Templates on the Mission Editor. They are:

1) VPC Airfield Equipment Mod, by @voc, originally available here:

https://virpil.com/en/news/58-vpc-airfield-equipment-dlya-dcs-world

However, that Mod version is currently obsolete, download instead an updated version of this Mod from this post:

The files are in OvGME format for use with a Mod Manager, please note that the Mod has actually two packages, as it must go both into the DCS program folder and into your Saved games folder.

2) Nato Personnel & Items, by @Suntsag:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/190965-nato-personnel-and-items

3) Civil Aircrafts Mod, by @cdpkobra, @popChar and @ sth0s :

https://cam.em-key.de/

4)Marston Mat Mod, by @Suntsag:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/233670-suntsag-lockdown-modsliveries-collection-new-and-revised/?tab=comments#comment-4272504

5) Civil Vehicles, by @JoeRowe. Used only on McCarran template. The original Mod isn't fully compatible with the current version of DCS, so you should download this customized version where I placed only the vehicles that do work:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hsJugq_0nbzWnm3QQQ?e=riSrmp

None of the above Mods impact on the Multiplayer game, as they are all installed on the /Saved Games/ path.

To improve detail, I suggest to make use of these additional items, tough they are not strictly required:

1) To replace the ugly green Farps of the standard DCS, I use the Desert FARP v3 Mod by @Suntsag:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/186925-desert-farp-mod/?tab=comments#comment-3614555

2) To provide desert skins for the ground AI vehicles, use these liveries by @easypeac3:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307516/?sphrase_id=1210190

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307500/?sphrase_id=1210190

These are some images of this Templates:

4ZBjRR5.jpg

sbaHinY.jpg

YzOJNqm.jpg

fKL9E3Q.jpg

2isAAwM.jpg

7PQpxYc.jpg

mQEQC14.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
Added link to the current version of the VPC Mod
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 hours ago, Minsky said:

Hi Eduardo. Thanks for your new Nevada templates - outstanding job, as usual!

I gave it a quick test, and found one issue: there are multiple aircraft overlapping each other at McCarran. A few dozen overlaps, scattered all around the airport - looks like the CAM models placed on top of default ED statics. Most of these statics (but not all of them!) are visible in the "ALT" ME mode, so fixing this shouldn't be too hard.

Hi @Minsky,

Thanks a lot for reporting this ... I'm so sorry, all these Templates dated actually from 2019 and so I had completely forgotten that the McCarran one was a special case. The built in civil aircrafts of this airport are so ugly that I sincerely couldn't stand them, so I replaced most of them with static civil aircrafts of the CAM mod .. to do that properly we need to delete the built-in ones first and to do that I use a set of very small trigger zones, they are like this:

exmdLmM.jpg

This zones are used on a single initialization trigger, like this:

8EPlVhJ.jpg

This will delete most of the built-in aircrafts without affecting the replacement statics that I placed on the Template. It is really unfortunate that Static Templates can only include Units (statics and real units) but not trigger zones and triggers. I'm attaching a MIZ file that includes the missing elements, it isnt the same as a Static Template as you can't apply it to an existing mission, but you can use it as a basis before editing a new mission.

I know that I make use of a lot of user mods, but they add so much immersion, on this particular template I use the civil vehicles of @JoeRowe, to have them moving among the aircrafts, with routes like this (the routes are included on the Static Template, thank God):

RAUHCH8.jpg

This is how the vehicles look once the mission starts:

VvZ26Qw.jpg

XpeKhOK.jpg

soFVH7y.jpg

vmSV02O.jpg

Jl1vZqT.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

NEV - Blue - Airbase McCarran Intl (by Rudel_chw).miz

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

6 minutes ago, Minsky said:

@Rudel_chw Wow, I thought these planes are part of the terminal's model, and cannot be removed. Glad there's a way to get rid of them. Thanks for the explanation and the miz template!

Yes, you are correct, while most aircraft can be removed, there are some that can not be removed ... I asked ED a long time ago to correct this:

but they didn't give me any response 😂

17 minutes ago, pierreaf said:

sorry for the  question , but i am new with mod in dcs.  where do i put the. stm files ?

Pierre

Hello Pierre,

The Templates go into the "StaticTemplate" folder inside the /Saved Games/DCS/ path ... the ZIP file already includes the StaticTemplate folder, so you just need to un-zip it onto the /saved games/dcs/ path.  

Also, please note that this is not a User Mod, but it's a tool for the Mission Editor, to save time when you are creating or updating a Mission ... it allows you to quickly "fill up" an airbase to give it more ambiance. Here is a video that shows how to use a Static Template inside the Mission Editor:

Regards,

Eduardo

5 minutes ago, pierreaf said:

but sorry i do not find the static template in my save game folder.. can you give me the exact path?

just place the zip file on your /saved games/dcs/ folder and then uncompress it there. It should create the StaticTemplate folder for you. On my pc it looks like this:

p6mWDWh.jpg

Edited by Rudel_chw

.....so there's Normandy templates?....asking for a friend

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

4 hours ago, skunk160 said:

.....so there's Normandy templates?....asking for a friend

sorry, no, I haven’t made for that Map yet.

No worries sir, just saw the NOR in the pic above 🙂

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

5 minutes ago, skunk160 said:

No worries sir, just saw the NOR in the pic above 🙂

🙂 yes, but only a couple of them are mine .. the rest are from @SUNTSAG and @stuart666 .. the lack of period assets does not encourage adding detail to the airfields. 😂

While your solution for statics removal is fine, I almost never create my missions from scratch, and setting up the triggers each time is kinda cumbersome. So I ended up modifying your McCarran template for my own use.

I kept all the statics, and replaced all CAM models to better represent the real McCarran (e.g. United, Delta, Allegiant, Spirit etc. at their correct stands, freighters at the cargo apron, no 747's or A380's, no foreign liveries, and so on). Now, with all terminals heavily populated, these stock AmericanAir planes don't stand out so badly.

I also removed the additional tower near Terminal 3 (it doesn't exist in RW) and all surrounding SAM units (doubt they'll place them there even in case of invasion).

I don't really like to criticize other's work (especially when it's so good), but years in civilians sims taught me to be really picky about such things 🙂

Spoiler

Screenshot - Fri 22 Jan , 05_56_51.jpg

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

9 hours ago, Minsky said:

While your solution for statics removal is fine, I almost never create my missions from scratch, and setting up the triggers each time is kinda cumbersome. So I ended up modifying your McCarran template for my own use.

That's fine, I know that my templates are entirely fictional as I'm mainly looking for ambiance and background activity. I do the same and customize other's templates as I see fit 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Im glad my Normandy templates are getting some use. I really must do a German radar template at some point.

Someone was asking about the Normandy templates, you can find them here.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309201/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308975/

Something to fly the Mosquito through when it arrives....

• Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

Hi @Rudel_chw, I'm here again in another thread.

I have loaded all the static templates for Nevada, but these four I can't save with DCS World 2.7:

• Beatty Airport
  • Jean
  • Lincoln County
  • Pahute

Can you check these static templates, load and save the mission for me?

Attached is the mission with the downloaded templates.

Best regards.

NEV Complete (by Rudel_chw).zip

• Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.

13 minutes ago, SilentSierra said:

I have loaded all the static templates for Nevada, but these four I can't save with DCS World 2.7:

• Beatty Airport
  • Jean
  • Lincoln County
  • Pahute

Hi,

You need to have the Desert FARP v3 Mod installed, for these Templates to work. Some also need the Marsden FARP Mod:

See your other thread for more details.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• 3 months later...

Hello,

A user wrote me a PM with this issue:

" I have a problem with the static templates for the different maps. When loading the templates I see only a few objects, but no static airplanes or helicopters. Could you possibly have an idea where the error is? ... I have the problems with the Nevada and Persian Gulf map. Both maps are missing the static planes and helicopters. The VPC mod is installed and works, for example for the training missions for the C-101. "

Further, he told me that for example the Nellis Static Template was one with this problem.

Rather than answer via a Private Message, I'm answering him here so that other users can benefit from the answer in case they ever find the same issue:

The Static Template is loadad onto your mission using this screen:

z3pIUfF.jpg

Please note the Template requirements ... it uses two User Mods .. if your PC does not have ALL of these Mods, the loading of the template will be interrupted when attempting to load a Mod object, WITH NO WARNING given by the DCS Mission Editor ... this would produce the symptoms that this user had, only a few elements would load.

Also, take note of the Template description: "Statics Hidden ..." .. I do this so that the hundred of template objects don't overwhelm the User, the template once loaded on your new mission would look like this:

3fYJlwq.jpg

However, the Unit List gives a clue: Total: 217 Units ... to see the hidden units, you should tick on "Show Hidden Units", like this:

yuPVRP9.jpg

That's all. Best regards to all,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Red Dog said:

Trying to download the required third party, I realised some of them are unavailable?

which ones?

• 2 months later...