Can you once and for all fix your idiotic wheels chocks bug?

aw33com

I’ve had it. Fairly often. Wheel chocks are down at mission start (cold) but when you tell the ground crew to remove them, you get a “cannot comply”. So, I have to order the wheel chocks to be placed (even though they are) once or twice before I get a “roger....wheel chocks in place”. Yep....still there in F2. So then can order them to be removed.

i have found that the issue does not come up if the FIRST thing you do is order them removed: like...before powering on

4 hours ago, Mikeck said:

I’ve had it. Fairly often. Wheel chocks are down at mission start (cold) but when you tell the ground crew to remove them, you get a “cannot comply”. So, I have to order the wheel chocks to be placed (even though they are) once or twice before I get a “roger....wheel chocks in place”. Yep....still there in F2. So then can order them to be removed.

i have found that the issue does not come up if the FIRST thing you do is order them removed: like...before powering on

I had the same issue yesterday in MP. Throttle position is for sure the culprit. I managed to get around it by removing them just before powering on.

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Can't you add a deadzone yourself using the existing deadzone feature provided in the axis binding of the throttle?

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I'm confused. I always ask for the wheel chocks to be removed right before letting out the parking brake and taxiing. This means the jets on and at MIL Idle. Are you saying OP's throttle does not bottom out at true idle and that might be the issue? I've never encountered this problem in the Mirage and I can't replicate it to help him.

Edited by LastRifleRound

1 hour ago, LastRifleRound said:

I'm confused. I always ask for the wheel chocks to be removed right before letting out the parking brake and taxiing. This means the jets on and at MIL Idle. Are you saying OP's throttle does not bottom out at true idle and that might be the issue? I've never encountered this problem in the Mirage and I can't replicate it to help him.

Yes, that's what I meant

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

To be clear, it’s not throttle position...I’ve started the jet- it’s up and running- and when I ask I am told they cannot comply. If the throttle was set wrong, the plane would not have started 

and this has happened to me once or twice on the F-18 as well

On 1/29/2021 at 7:12 PM, Mikeck said:

To be clear, it’s not throttle position...I’ve started the jet- it’s up and running- and when I ask I am told they cannot comply. If the throttle was set wrong, the plane would not have started 

and this has happened to me once or twice on the F-18 as well

You can start your engine by setting it at IDLE + 1%. It will start and wheel chocks will not get removed.