A-10C II DTS Upload Failure & Unable to Scroll thru CMS Programs

i_am_lugnuts

I posted the following in another thread but thought I should put it here.  I'm going to need some help figuring this out.

Jumped in the A-10C II today on a MP mission I made for Syria.  The DTS Upload failed.  It was a cold start.  Next I tried the same mission but offline in SP mode.  Same thing.  Tried a different Syria mission.  Same result.  Then I tried missions on other maps.  Loaded perfectly.  All failures came in Syria in both MP and SP in missions I made.  Curious...

Edit: I just went back to the ME and gave my client A-10C IIs full loadouts and hot starts from the ramp.  The planes had their hot starts and full weapons loadouts when the mission started.  A check of the DSMS page showed nothing but red.  And of course I tried to upload and it failed.  Even more curious.  I thought for sure a hot start with a loadout would fix the problem.  Anyone have any ideas?  I think I'm going to have to move this topic over to the bugs reporting thread.  I don't know if the A-10C suffers from the same issue.  Didn't check.

A second issue has come up.  While attempting to enter programs for the CMS system it will not allow me to scroll left and right with the CMS switch on the stick.  The program "A" just flashes a bit like it's trying to move to another program but remains on "A".  The CMS failure came on a PG map mission.  

• ED Team

Hi,

please include a short track replay showing the issue. 

we will investigate. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Track is attached.  I also included the log for the session where the track was made and the mission file used.  Of note, just before making this this post I generated a  fast mission on Syria.  The DTS upload was successful in this instance.  CMS programs were not.  I included the mission because it seems like something in the missions files I've made might have become corrupted. 

DTS Upload And CMS Failure.trk dcs.log Syria GA Alpha v.3.0 BU.miz

2 hours ago, i_am_lugnuts said:

The DTS Upload failed.

I can't say why, but the track and the mission file (which are both zip files ending in .trk and .miz instead of .zip) both contain a whole bunch of folders that shouldn't be there; the folder DSMS is the one blocking proper loading of the DSMS after any change to the weapons through the refueling and rearming menu in the game.

The "Prepare Mission" function from the Mission Editor is known to place these folders into missions (and there are some legitime use cases), and a lot of users have reported the exact same problem, without ever using "Prepare Mission".

Either way, you can build the missions from scratch, or use your favorite zip tool, delete all folders except "l10n" ("localization") from the mission file, and delete all folders except "l10n", "track" and "track_data" from the track file, and both should work okay from then on.

Regarding the CMS button, it was changed in the latest OpenBeta patch and is now in line with the A-10C II manual. Just read the HOTAS Commands - Stick table in the manual and you'll be good to go. 👍

You're the man!  The deletion of the extra folders did the trick.  Just loaded it up to check but didn't play. Like many of the other users you mention, I have never used the Prepare mission option.  I write em, save em and play em.  I take it you are suggesting the extra step of checking to be sure there are no extra folders in the missions before I play them or put them up on my server?  I checked other missions but didn't find any with extra folders.  I believe the reason I had so much trouble with Syria is that one mission was the basis for several that I wrote.  Saved with changes and under different names.  So it seems my problems were unknowingly saved by me over and over again in different missions.  All on Syria.  I had much difficulty in editing some of those missions.  The ME crashed repeatedly upon saving giving me a Constant Table Overflow error. It only happened an hour or two into editing after the mission began to take shape. The save failed, the ME crashed and the file was rendered useless.  It wouldn't load after that. Could the extra folders be causing that too?

Thanks very much for your prompt help. I very much appreciate it.

40 minutes ago, i_am_lugnuts said:

Could the extra folders be causing that too?

I don't know the answer to that. I also don't know what would cause these folders to appear in a mission in the first place, and I'm kinda trying to hunt it down, but it never seems to happen to me. So if you have any ideas what you did right before the problems started, it would be great to know.

In any case, glad it's working okay now! 🙂

• Wags locked this topic