UH-60 US Coast Guard Mod

After doing the UH-1 attachments to make it look like a MH-60T Jayhawk (see here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314170/?sphrase_id=1498612) I finally could adapt those for the standard AI UH-60 model, plus the obligatory external tanks of the MH-60.

WIP_MH-60-4.jpg

If you like, you can checkout these here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314781/

Now we "just" need a flyable UH-60 and a working winch....

Cheers,

r.

Edited by rato65
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, thanks for your interest in this mod.

Unfortunately (and of course Fortunately as well), quite some things changed twoards 2.7, I will have a look into this when I have some time. There are ideas in the forum but sofar I did not have the time to check these out and modify the 2.5 UH-60A mod accordingly. It is different to change the stock AI models from a new flyable model, which I posted some screenshots of WIP of the MH-60 elsewhere.

As said, I will try when my time allows.

Edited by rato65
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I checked several things and found the most probable reason why the payloads do not show up in 2.7:

In 2.5, the AI helicopters and aircrafts were each defined with seperate lua files, under scripts/database. Since 2.7, these are all gone, and I do not know where to find those files defining each AI modules properties. I checked many files and almost all folders. Knowing the place where this definition is now stored is cruicial, because to add non-existing pylons and assign these to existing connectors, as I did for the UH-60a, this can only be defined in that very file or its pendant wherever that is in 2.7.

For complete new aircraft mods, this is different because then also the definition file is within the mod.

At least that is how I understand it , but I maybe wrong.

So, if someone knows where to find the place this information (an AI module pylon definition, not the "UnitPayloads" files) is stored under 2.7 I can check to reactivate the mod. Otherwise.... 😞 sorry...

Edited by rato65

Hi Rato65, you're right, i tried yesterday looking for those scripts with no success. Im not good at all scripting, but the CFT mod is still working and i think works similar to your work. The CFT uses jgsme/ovgme and the folders are similar.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, Zukov said:

but the CFT mod is still working and i think works similar to your work. The CFT uses jgsme/ovgme and the folders are similar.

Hi Zukov, can you send me a link to that mod? I do not know it.

CFT mod relies on an existing F16C.lua file (in CoreMods). So this can be changed, which is the case in the CFT mod. In case of the UH60a, it's file is simply not existing any more. Same for the other AI helicopters.

• 2 months later...

Have you considered creating a new user files "Blackhawk" helicopter asset in which the lua calls the visual shape of the UH60a model? This way you could modify the loadout and hang your pods without touching core files. Also, as this method does NOT modify or redistribute the ED 3d model, I *think* it does not violate the mod guidelines or IP rights. However, I defer to Skatezilla or other ED voice on that.

on a side note, your USCG kit is what inspired me to learn Blender and start modeling myself. great work.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 7:15 PM, prccowboy said:

Have you considered creating a new user files "Blackhawk" helicopter asset in which the lua calls the visual shape of the UH60a model

Yes, but it is more than just creating a shape. It is quite a lot of work to do all the animations and assignements, and I am everything but a 3D expert. However, I startet a project to make a MH-60 Jayhawk, which is already flyable. But the main work is the cockpit and interior, plus the animations. I will post a status every now and then.

On 10/30/2021 at 7:15 PM, prccowboy said:

your USCG kit is what inspired me to learn Blender and start modeling myself.

great to hear! keep on going!

Screen_211027_144704.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rato65 said:

Yes, but it is more than just creating a shape. It is quite a lot of work to do all the animations and assignements,

I meant recreate the existing UH-60a as a user files asset which is where you could then make the modifications to add your "pods" like in your original mod. Effectively it would be a clone of the existing UH-60a (the lua would call the existing UH-60a edm) but lua editable so that you can add winch/radome as a loadout. All the models already exist (uh60a and your pods). You would just need to create new lua code and include your pods edm shapes. The UH-60a edm already sits in core, so you don't need to include it (more importantly, you don't need to touch it, modify it or redistribute it)

Again, I'm not sure if that violates the mod rules. It does NOT modify or redistribute the ED 3d model, so I *think* it does not violate the mod guidelines or IP rights. I await comment from higher authority on that one.

7 minutes ago, prccowboy said:

Again, I'm not sure if that violates the mod rules. It does NOT modify or redistribute the ED 3d model, so I *think* it does not violate the mod guidelines or IP rights. I await comment from higher authority on that one.

I'm pretty sure that would be OK. IIRC, that's what Suntsag did for his Nato Ground Forces mod to retrieve some unused assets from the game files (an updated US soldier model as well as an unused russian infantry model).

1 hour ago, prccowboy said:

Effectively it would be a clone of the existing UH-60a (the lua would call the existing UH-60a edm) but lua editable so that you can add winch/radome as a loadout

ok, now I understand - possibly a good idea. will give it a try when I have some time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 8:32 AM, rato65 said:

ok, now I understand - possibly a good idea. will give it a try when I have some time.

I have example of the method here: 

If ED approves the upload, I can share code with you (or you can just grab it from my mod)

Edited by prccowboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2