Dissimular DCS modules at multiplayer?

It just came to my mind:

Every ED package that has been anounced wiil be a buildup for the original DCS, but how about 3rd party aircraft packages?

I understand that ED will provide SDK's for cockpits and maps, so any aircraft or map can be added to the SIM by 3rd party expantions independently of code changes (or is it?). How will that play for players online? Will they have visible and invisible player slots depending on 3rd party aircraft packages thay might have?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I to am curious in regard to this.

Could there be server side mods such as enhanced AI behavior or tweaked missile performance?

Also if an entirely new object is added to the game which is either usable by player or AI, how would a player who hasn't downloaded the object view it? Would it be matter of Use x similar object if primary does not exist or simply they can't join? Would it be possible to automatically download a required mod on connection with the server, or at least the needed client side features to view the mod?

If the playable mod scene really takes off (which I hope it does) playing a simple game online could become a great headache.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Y would you want to tweak something desined from real data. As for second party air frames they have to go threw ED for aproval if I read right. All add ons second party incleduded must meet the DCS standard. The acess they are giving id to the body paint and pit are work. correct?

personaly I wount use any non aproved DCS add ones. other than paint and the english pit.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Just thinking about it now - I can't see that it's really any different to any other dis-simillar module online play ? (my recollection of the DCS module plan being that as modules are released everyone that has bought a module gets to upgrade to the technology of the latest module to maintain community compatability, but can only actually fly the aircraft in the modules they have paid for)

ED will have to OK all payware add-ons, & can ensure that anything you can buy to fly is there as an AI - if you own the module you can fly it, if not it's AI only.

Having no modding skills whatsoever I haven't read the SDK thread, so I have no idea whether such things are planned, but personally I'd have thought 3rd party server side AI & Missile performance tweaks are an invitation to a fragmented community...

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Y would you want to tweak something desined from real data. As for second party air frames they have to go threw ED for aproval if I read right. All add ons second party incleduded must meet the DCS standard. The acess they are giving id to the body paint and pit are work. correct?

personaly I wount use any non aproved DCS add ones. other than paint and the english pit.

Because maybe, just maybe not every weapon currently being used by any military force in the world has been made for Black Shark and then somebody would want to make it...

I think we understand the point that all officially supported aircraft will be patched into the game for the sake of multilayer compatibility, if you don't buy the latest DCS module you can still fight with/against those using it online. What is asked is concerning 3rd party free efforts like the VNAO or other similar projects and their compatibilities online.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Yea the A10a is mostly dun. So they shuld have plenty of time to work on the next jen DX10 and Multy CPU suport. O and some colidable trees... :poster_offtopic:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/