F-18C Hornet Boarding Ladder Stow/Unstow

fagulha

Hi,

Ā 

Not first time asking for this, neither the last, can ED please add option to stow/unstow the boarding ladder please? šŸ™‚

Ā 

I fly in VR and itĀ“s great imersion to me walk around the airframe before going to the cockpit and have the ladder down.Ā 

ItĀ“s possible because i use a mod to bind a key for the boarding ladder, use it for months but now it wont work anymore and needs update. So, itĀ“s already in core files.

But i think ED could add this little detail too.

Ā 

PLEASE! šŸ™‚

Thank you.

Ā 

EDIT: i use the Blue Angels Equipment mod just for the option of select a keybind for the boarding ladder but with DCS last update the mod make DCS crashes when changing STBY to S/A in RWR page on the DDI. If this was included as default i didnĀ“t need to use a mod.

Ā 

best regards to all,

F.

Edited by fagulha
  • Like 3

Ā - "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if youĀ“re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

Ā 

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSDĀ“s) | Valve Index| AndreĀ“s JeatSeat.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,
Ā 
Not first time asking for this, neither the last, can ED please add option to stow/unstow the boarding ladder please?
Ā 
I fly in VR and itĀ“s great imersion to me walk around the airframe before going to the cockpit and have the ladder down.Ā 
ItĀ“s possible because i use a mod to bind a key for the boarding ladder, use it for months but now it wont work anymore and needs update. So, itĀ“s already in core files.
Ā 
PLEASE!
Thank you.
Ā 
EDIT: i use the Blue Angels Equipment mod just for the option of select a keybind for the boarding ladder but with DCS last update the mod make DCS crashes when changing STBY to S/A in RWR page on the DDI. If this was included as default i didnĀ“t need to use a mod.
Ā 
best regards to all,
F.
I mean sure that would be a neat thing, but it should be an absolute last priority...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:

I mean sure that would be a neat thing, but it should be an absolute last priority...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ā 

Of course yes. I know that.Ā 

I tried to understand how it works with the mod i have so i can make the changes myself but i didnĀ“t find how to do it.Ā 

Thank you for your reply.

Edited by fagulha

Ā - "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if youĀ“re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

Ā 

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSDĀ“s) | Valve Index| AndreĀ“s JeatSeat.

• 3 months later...

The Boarding Ladder would be a great immersion-asset.

Same goes for covers (Remove Refore Flight) and opening / closing panels (see F-15) as pre- and post-flight action.

Ā 

Some think like this:

You spawn "cold", ladder down, pre-flight panels are open. You let the plane-captain raise the ladder and the panels also close.

Post-flight, the same reverses with the request for lowering the ladder.

Ā 

For static aircraft, shrouds, flags and covers might be in place (maybe via a checking command in the mission-builder).

Ā 

Maybe not a priority, but very nice eye-candy.

And it would help make airfields look way cooler (parked aircraft) - if other modules (A-10, Viper, etc) were treated that way, too.

Ā 

Ā 

See this video for what I mean by "pre-flight panels":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeij-YX9MdY

Ā 

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

The Boarding Ladder would be a great immersion-asset.
Same goes for covers (Remove Refore Flight) and opening / closing panels (see F-15) as pre- and post-flight action.
Ā 
Maybe not a priority, but very nice eye-candy.
And it would help make airfields look way cooler (parked aircraft) - if other modules (A-10, Viper, etc) were treated that way, too.
Ā 
Ā 
That is actually done if you do an auto stop. With the Blue Angels mod you can control the boarding ladder.

Mobius708

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

That is actually done if you do an auto stop. With the Blue Angels mod you can control the boarding ladder.

Mobius708
Ā 

I use the Blue Angels mod because of the boarding ladder option but no more updates and last update doesnĀ“t work well with 2.7 (mess with theĀ keybindings).

Ā 

As workaround i use a static boarding ladder from one mod and set a trigger of 2 minutes so it disappear from the simulation (ObjectĀ Deactivate). Not perfect but itĀ“s what i have.

Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
En 25/2/2021 a las 13:15, fagulha dijo:

Hi,

Ā 

Not first time asking for this, neither the last, can ED please add option to stow/unstow the boarding ladder please? šŸ™‚

Ā 

Ā 

PLEASE! šŸ™‚

Thank you.

Ā 

Ā 

best regards to all,

F.

Ā 

+1

• Like 1

Ā 

Sin-ttulo-3-zpskg9bm6js.png

• 4 months later...

Still, no option to stow/unstow the boarding ladder...

Ā 

Yes, this might be a low priority thing, but on the other hand: it's also one of these things that takes very little effort really. The animation of it is already there (you can see it by F2-ing a Hornet right after mission start) and ground crew can be instructed via F8-menu to stow boarding ladders on the A-10.

Can I live without it? Sure can. But I have to ask myself why ED went through the trouble of animating it when it is not intended for use.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:11 PM, Kang said:

Yes, this might be a low priority thing, but on the other hand: it's also one of these things that takes very little effort really. The animation of it is already there (you can see it by F2-ing a Hornet right after mission start) and ground crew can be instructed via F8-menu to stow boarding ladders on the A-10.

Can I live without it? Sure can. But I have to ask myself why ED went through the trouble of animating it when it is not intended for use.

Is a wrist watch for a pilot (MI-25P) needed or do i benefit from it? No and I donĀ“t have the MI-24P in first place but that line of sight donĀ“t take us anywhere. IĀ“m happy by ED adding those details.

Why shouldnĀ“t ED work on something that is already present and also available in other modules? I can live/fly without the boarding ladder, and i can live without the APU gases, already implemented,Ā  coming out from the belly of the Hornet too but that doesnĀ“t mean it can be added/fixed due already in the core system. I usually do a walkaround in VR and lacking the boarding ladder is a visual letdown, nothing of third world problems just a visual improvement that is lacking. DCS is all about details from sound to visual.

Edited by fagulha

Ā