Acceleration Update

Glide

Have they altered the flight model? If so, why once again are the changelogs so poor, its an old complaint i know however they really must sort out their communication.  As per FM i noticed few patches ago the L39 got "adjusted" for the worse and not one mention of it in the notes.

From a wider persepctive frankly the amount of changes that occur that never make it to the release notes can be frustrating.  It does become tiresome especially when some of these changes affect ME and third party mission designs.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

According to my patch install log there were zero bytes downloaded/installed. Dubious about undocumented yet apparently obvious FM improvements. With so little given to the F16 module in very long time (are they serious about calling that feature a while back?) to not shout about a FM improvement seems as odd as my zero bytes recorded. Maybe any change in FM is actually some bug in the patch. As if that doesn't happen.

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

I've just run the update. LIke CobaltUK, it seemed not to download anything. Which makes sense, since the patch notes only refer to campaigns, and I don't own any of those named there. Nothing to update in my install. And no undocumented change to the F-16.

Personally I find that 'aircraft handling' varies depending on my mood. If I'm tired and grumpy (not rare) a normally well-behaved aircraft will notice, and start acting up. 😉

Most likely placebo effect. Happens way more often than them tweaking a flight model without mentioning it in patch notes.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

6 hours ago, glide said:

Feels really good after today's update.  I feel more loft as I flare on approach, and it holds up at 152 knots.  Felt like 160 was the minimum before.  Thank you for putting the tiger back in the tank.

I just had a quick look at the F-16. Nothing has changed in any perceptible way. The jet handles like before. It is most likely a placebo effect that you are experiencing and/or it is probably you becoming better at flying the aircraft.

What the Viper Does may be a DCS thing is that after a hard maneuver dogfighting let’s say a break turn for example all that energy is bled but it takes a while to get that energy back. Meanwhile the enemy who hasn’t bled all that energy maneuvers to your 6 and shoots you down.

Wish you could get your energy faster or your energy is not lost so fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DCS Mirage 2000 does that

Bleeds energy with abandon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

7 hours ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

Have they altered the flight model?

I felt some small FM change with 17.02.2021 update. I guess the flight model got a little bit improved with high G, munitions loaded turns, which now feels better I think.

• Like 1

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]