Wrong SLAM and JSOW separation

med-taha

Hi,

As the video is showing. the Slam and Jsow separation is wrong.

for the slam, it behaves like if it was propelled forward by a rocket when pressing the weapon pickle and it's the same for a jsow but in this case it's propelled verticaly (down)

logically it works like https://youtu.be/F-dSg3NSUEQ?t=22 

Jsow video: https://youtu.be/qst15XrA5ts?t=28

Thanks

Edited by med-taha
  • Like 5

?

For me it looks like it gets despawned / deleted on the pylon, milliseconds it get spawned in front of the plane (this is maybe where you say it gets propelled forward) and just the next milisecond it gets deleted again and spawned beneath the plane and drops like it should.

If you check external view the missile doesn't behaves like it gets propelled. The missile doesn't get any speed. It loses some until it own engine starts and gains speed.

So we are not talking about false behavior. We may talk about bad animation.

The deleted respawning thing is kinda normal. I'm not an expert but as far as I understood the missile (client) will be deleted after pickle and will be respawned as Server-Side missile (MP).

So again. It may look weird and ED have to work on that but the missile behaves like it should.

Greetings

Edited by Rescue

21 hours ago, Rescue said:

I'm not an expert but as far as I understood the missile (client) will be deleted after pickle and will be respawned as Server-Side missile (MP).

a) video above is from singleplayer

b) thats not how it works in DCS. ammunitions are NOT controlled by server, each client simulates their trajectory independently and there is no synchronization (so sometimes one client sees a missile go for chaff, while another client sees it continuing towards target). only the shooting client decides if the ammunition hit something or not, simulations on other clients are purely visual. to make it clear - there is no taking over missiles by server in DCS.

so this is 100% a bug.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Thanks 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

1 hour ago, dorianR666 said:

SLAM is separated, teleports forward, then moves very rapidly backwards and then physics take over

slam_weird_launch.trk 46.27 kB · 1 download

thanks for taking the time to show the bug from another perspective! I never thought of slowing down time to figure it out. I will try it with JSOW because the separation looks weird too

Edited by med-taha
  • Like 1

I'm on the latest OB and just have tested this few minutes ago in SP. Both, JSOWs and JDAMs seem to be separating correctly on my rig.  (made a clip in VR if anyone wants to see it) 

Well, SLAM does this weird snap... 

Edited by Gripes323