P-47-30/40 water injection control

Hello, i have been looking in the controls and have found a button for water injection and water injection toggle.

The issue i am having is one button allows you to apply water injection but once the button is released the water injection is also removed.

And the water injection toggle button only works if you already have the water injection button pushed in.  I understand this is how it works in the real aircraft and its nice that DCS trys to mimic the correct controls so closely.  Sadly i am just want a button where i push in to toggle the water injection and then push in to disable it.    Does an one know a key command in DCS by default that allows this to happen so i don't have to dance around with multiple buttons

Thanks

Jesse.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If you can do a TEMPO press on a button, quick press for Water Injection, and Long Press for Toggle Water Injection, you can have it on one button.  I know Joytokey lets you do TEMPO, TARGET SCRIPT lets you do TEMPO, not sure about VKB and Virpil software.  If you have a Three way momentary switch like on the TMWH Throttle and BlackHog Explorer, you can so a Sequence command on the Momentary side of the switch, first press is Injection, second press is Toggle, next press is untoggle and then remove injection.  If you have no software running on your controllers, Joytokey is pretty simple, not sure about Joystick Gremlin..

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 352nd_Hoss
Edit: Tempo alone does not work, I had to use two buttons to make it work. One button to push and hold the WEP button, and one more to lock it.

Sempre Fortis

• 1 year later...

Well, it's complicated, this p47. Don't have the time to figure it out properly.

Any tips on how to simplify Engine power for just game sports? For now I tried this p47, but it looks like too much specified button pushing for me. Don't think i will buy it.

4 hours ago, jackd said:

Well, it's complicated, this p47. Don't have the time to figure it out properly.

Any tips on how to simplify Engine power for just game sports? For now I tried this p47, but it looks like too much specified button pushing for me. Don't think i will buy it.

you can go to Options -> Control assignments -> there should be 2 x p47 options:

- "p47 sim mode" that has a ton of bindings for each clickable/twistable control in the cockpit

- "p47 game mode" that uses simplified bindings. 

maybe that could help.

17 minutes ago, jackd said:

Yep, that i found, but i find it hard to get this monster to acquire warp-speed, thnx

for water injection to work you need to:

- mixture set to auto-rich or full-rich.

- throttle to max

- turbo lever (left of throttle) to max*

- water injection button pressed

- rpm's to 2700

*Mind you that you need to control the max manifold pressure with the turbo lever and not exceed 64" on the manifold pressure gauge (there's a red mark near 64"). If you exceed it then the engine will fry within 1-2 minutes. Otherwise on water you can run 10-15 minutes. Also, you need to watch the carb temperature (top right gauge), and open the carb radiators flaps to ~60-70%. (oil rad flaps should stay ~40-50%)

Btw, P47 shines at altitudes above 20,000 feet. If you think it can outrun bf109 or Dora at sea level: it won't.

Edited by peachmonkey

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 11:58 AM, peachmonkey said:

you can go to Options -> Control assignments -> there should be 2 x p47 options:

- "p47 sim mode" that has a ton of bindings for each clickable/twistable control in the cockpit

- "p47 game mode" that uses simplified bindings. 

maybe that could help.

Game avionics mode is no longer in DCS

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5