Could you share that with me as well?

On 1/15/2024 at 5:24 PM, Gogi12 said:

Hi, and me please.

On 1/17/2024 at 3:01 AM, Glen36 said:

And me please!

On 1/17/2024 at 10:26 AM, impreza said:

and me please!

On 1/17/2024 at 12:50 PM, bennyboy9800 said:

I would suggest you post the link here. Or you will be swarmed with pm. 

7 hours ago, Airbarba said:

Yes ,please!THX

3 hours ago, Spanker79 said:

Add me also please.. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm not the author of this mod, i did an updated version of their work (merged with the "S300 pack" mod) which was functional after last DCS updates...because they (the authors) didn't, and i don't know if they are still working on it or not... I wish they are. That's why i wasn't ready with the idea of releasing my version on their topic.

I asked them here about it....but no answer...

It seems that there are a lot of people interested in that mod. 

So here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HiO0eHcI-qu0aLEPdmkIeWD4GVPSDQxU?usp=drive_link

Nota: If you are using the "SAM Sites Asset Pack", or "2SAP" mod, you will need to copy the texture folder from my version and overwrite texture folder of the "2SAP" mod....or you will not get my new texture set.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, love0rdie said:

still this mod is working ? if working my SA20B S-300PMU2 not firing missiles i set all mandatory units refer by which pdf included with this mod but not working , kindly help me please.Thanks 

Hi,

which HDS version (check "entry.lua" file) are you using and which DCS version (stable or OB 2.8 or OB 2.9) are you using ?

Edited by flag02004

Big thanks to @flag02004

i wanted to give this mod a try for years but it did not work properly. Now it does. The only thing that surprises me are the capabilities of the newer systems. The SA-20 in my test engaged targets around 50 miles. I saw DCS videos on youtube where those achieved much higher ranges. I was told at a certain range they cant detect units because curvature of the earth. DCS doesnt simulate that i believe, but now they want to. Even with a B52 at 50.000 ft the engagement distances are not really supperior to like the vanilla SA-10. How do they perform in your hands?

Best wishes

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi @SkipperSMG

You're right about curvature of earth, it is simulated in DCS, you will also have to take into account that there are ECM, and the size of the target, so aircraft needs to be close by the SAM site to be engaged.

And for your information the maximum range of the missile correspond to the maximum distance which the missile may able to reach on a non evasive target flying at maximum speed straight toward the SAM site at the maximum altitude.

knowing that, AI is waiting to shoot at a distance that it is sure to destroy the target.

Take a look at my conversation with @LetMePickThat at the beginning of this topic.

Hi ,my friends , I like these High Digit SAMs very much ! I am a mechine fans , who can let these stationary vehicles become to moveable ? and if  these tube and radar can raise and fold , I think that will let these mods be interesting than before !!!

On 12/3/2023 at 11:44 PM, SickSidewinder9 said:

Are mod makers not using initials in their classnames?  You guys should take a hint from Arma editing and do that.  So for instance, if I made a similar S300, I would title it something like SS9_S300 or ss9S300 or something similar so it doesn't conflict.  All classes could be prefaced with HDSP_ or hdsp or whatever you want and it won't conflict with anything with different mod pack/maker initials.  Mod and mission makers don't already know about this?  You can do it to the saves for persistent missions too.  <profanity>, this goes back to the original Operation Flashpoint.  That was over 20 years ago.  You should all be adding initials to classes created.  Every time.

I'd actually argue those tags should go at the end of the name so that the unit shows up in the proper alphabetical order in the ME drop-down list.
While the display_name and username fields determine what it shows up in the game, the "name" field and the unit's entry name determine where it shows up in the drop-down list.

Quite a few mods don't do this and that's why stuff like the OV-10 appears before the C-130 entry in the ME list rather than after the Mirage 2000.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Xeno426 said:

I'd actually argue those tags should go at the end of the name so that the unit shows up in the proper alphabetical order in the ME drop-down list.
While the display_name and username fields determine what it shows up in the game, the "name" field and the unit's entry name determine where it shows up in the drop-down list.

Quite a few mods don't do this and that's why stuff like the OV-10 appears before the C-130 entry in the ME list rather than after the Mirage 2000.

Either way, it should deconflict classnames.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, impreza said:

Hi. Where should i paste "templates.lua"?

Hi,

in : C:\Users\"user"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor

save your own "template.lua" if you want to save your own work...

Edited by flag02004

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2021 at 2:20 PM, LetMePickThat said:

I am writing the code as we speak. 

20210424_211937.jpg

I know this is like super late for me to ask this but did you ever get around to making the revetments and missile storage as shown? just got back into DCS after years and remembered this amazing mod, would love to be able to create my own sites. I may have missed something in the files but I cant find it... Would like to be able to create sites like the ones below, It's a S-300PS site above Sukhumi airport that is still active.

null

image.png

• Like 2

:joystick: oops

Modules I own: F-16CM, F/A-18C Lot 20, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, FC3<bleh

1 hour ago, AvgeekJoe said:

I know the missiles as storage are there.

What is the asset name/ where do I find it in the mission editor?

2 hours ago, SnakeEyes said:

What is the asset name/ where do I find it in the mission editor?

Hi @SnakeEyes, you'll need another mod to get this assets, it's an add-on mod of HDS called "2SAP" or "SAM Sites Asset Pack".

you can find it here:

the name of the asset you are looking for is "ERO_S300_Reload".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flag02004 said:

Hi @SnakeEyes, you'll need another mod to get this assets, it's an add-on mod of HDS called "2SAP" or "SAM Sites Asset Pack".

you can find it here:

the name of the asset you are looking for is "ERO_S300_Reload".

Perfect, thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for!

• Like 1