CTD when pressing Fly in SP or MP

SliderCDN

1 hour ago, SliderCDN said:

dcs.log 206.69 kB · 1 download

@Flappie No change. Crashed after 15 minutes or so without warning.

I'm sorry..what?

Have  you installed  any  shaders  mods at all

Have  you  done  a clean install of  dcs

Did  the  previous  version of  nvidia  driver  before  you updated   to the  latest  version  work  with no issues(  if  yes  than  revert  back  to the  previous  version  than)

Just now, pete_auau said:

Have  you installed  any  shaders  mods at all

Have  you  done  a clean install of  dcs

Did  the  previous  version of  nvidia  driver  before  you updated   to the  latest  version  work  with no issues(  if  yes  than  revert  back  to the  previous  version  than)

No.

Yes.

Previous and current NVIDIA drivers are working fine with 2.7.0.4625. Last patch is causing problems.

23 minutes ago, SliderCDN said:

No.

Yes.

Previous and current NVIDIA drivers are working fine with 2.7.0.4625. Last patch is causing problems.

ok   than  i  got  no other  advice  than  hopefully  the  next  patch  will  solve  it  for  you

For testing purposes, I reverted to previous DCS version and made a mission on Syria for F18 and F14 from carrier, striking an airbase about 120 miles away. Flew complete mission with each airframe and no crashes.dcs.log

Edited by SliderCDN

6 hours ago, SliderCDN said:

Another test, this time with Harrier on Syria. Flew almost 3 hours, 2 sorties to/from Tarawa. Not a single problem, flew as normal.

Version 2.7.0.4625

thats great news! i know this is a frustrating experience. just have faith that there are people in the background that want you to succeed. its no fun to see another user languish (at least i dont)

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 hours ago, silverdevil said:

thats great news! i know this is a frustrating experience. just have faith that there are people in the background that want you to succeed. its no fun to see another user languish (at least i dont)

It is and isn't..it's the old version that nobody runs and I can't play online, which is the point of DCS.

Great basketball players train the basics every day. Football players too. There's also a lot of fun in dodging 6 SAMs or landing in the harshest conditions at night. I don't believe the game is dead without MP. But I agree, it's not the same experience.

13 hours ago, Pocket Kings said:

Great basketball players train the basics every day. Football players too. There's also a lot of fun in dodging 6 SAMs or landing in the harshest conditions at night. I don't believe the game is dead without MP. But I agree, it's not the same experience.

MP is the whole point of a game like this. No MP, no reason to have it.

It appears deleting fxo, metashaders2 (deleted automatically since 2.7, I believe?) and DCS folder in %temp% has helped in some way. Flew last 2 days, about 2 hour sorties each time on Syria and Caucuses on latest version on TTI server without an issue. Will be flying more in the coming days to confirm.