JAS 39 Gripen for Lockon

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man i cant wait to do a solo in that plane ! Amazing model, and built amazingly fast! Shaggy can always help with textures if you want .

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Man, that's a fantstic model. If you would like, I would love to render images/animations of it. I use Lightwave myself and mostly make aircraft renders/animations.

And to echo what Shaggy said, it's an amazing model. How would you feel about exposing your wires?

That is one fantastic looking model, of a beautiful aircraft.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Non ! Même si je suis preneur de toute doc, je ne peux de toute façon réaliser un cockpit fonctionnel, donc pas la peine de se prendre la tête avec trop de détails...

@Cougar12dk : here are some wires :

wire_4.jpg

wire_5.jpg

We'll see later for renders/animations, when I'll consider the model as finished.

@Zulu : I project to release a PSD template including swedish, hungarian, czech and south african schemes. Norwegian and danish could be included too, cause they perfectly fit with "stock" nations... ;)

@rogue_blade : I don't really understand your question...:huh:

@all : many thanks for your encouragements ! :)

• Like 3

did you make the model out of multiple objects or just manipulated a single starting object?

what i meant by that was like, did you create the model by starting off with say a cube or cylinder and bevel and extrude your way to a model. or did you create many individual objects such as canopy, wings, fuselage, flaps then bring them together. i just have no idea how one goes about the process of creating a scale model :(

id love to know

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Arf ! You're condamned to re-read the thread since the beginning ! :D

No kidding, I used NURBS surfaces to model the fuselage shape, exactly as explained here :

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Surfaces_Skinning

Once shape is built, the NURBS are transformed into mesh, then other surfaces like wings built by extrusion.

UC and wheels built from cylinders.

Other details from simple meshes (cube, cones, etc...)

A little render for the day :

wip_13b.jpg

• Like 1