Flak 38 20mm radar-assisted accuracy

Nealius

The Flak 38 20mm (single barrel) at the lowest skill level is incredibly accurate. I've been hit while turning/jinking out to approximately 1nm, and I have tracers coming within 50ft of my aircraft, while turning, all the way out to 1.6nm measured across the map. Effective firing range according to Wikipedia (need some more sources) is only 1.18nm. At 1.6nm they should be ballistic and not that accurate, not to mention being optically aimed out to that distance. 

I do have tracks, but they are not short. I can supply them if needed.

• 1 month later...

I can test again on the newer 2.7 versions. I sadly don't have the old tracks anymore, but this is what I experienced a few updates ago (from 2:10). At the moment the pilot almost got capped, the distance to the nearest gun was about 4500ft. Effective range is okay but a low-skill gunner leading a shot like that at that distance is a bit suspicious. The first hit to my tail is also suspicious for a low-skill gunner to hit something moving with high relative angular motion. I would expect this kind of accuracy from "Veteran" or higher skill levels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

20mm flak seems fixed, but 88mm is still hitting small maneuvering fighters at 10,000ft with regularity. It's like they predict all my turns, climbs, and descents. Can't get through any of the Reflected Sims campaigns without turning into swiss cheese.

Edited by Nealius