Mav boresighting

Rmnsvn

As far as i know you can do it either on the ground or up in the air. Distance doesnt matter if you have a solid lock with good contrast to use.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I find it much easier to boresight on the ground, I usually target a distant taxiway sign on the airfield and use that. Power on Maverics as soon as you turn on the aircraft systems and it should be ready as you are taxi to the runway.

Officially, the preferred way to do it is in the air and from as long a distance as you can get a reliable Mav lock. I'm not sure how much it really matters in DCS, I think so long as you grab the same "object" and hit the button it'll be fine regardless of when or what.

I usually do it on cruise in to the target area on a power pole.

Doing it on a long distance target might be beneficial from a parallax point of view?

I am not sure about the specific times of operation for the different MAV types, but powering them on early might give you less operational time later, so doing that on the way in might be smarter then.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

You can do it either way, personally I find it much easier to boresight on the ground. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 9700K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E, Zotac GTX 2080 TI AMP, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200mhz, Corsair H60 liquid cooler, EVGA 850W PS, Cooler Master: Master Case H500, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD | Virpil CM2 Throttle, F-16: Thrustmaster F-16/A-10 Stick, F-18: Thrustmaster F-18 Stick | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | G2 Reverb, J-PEIN Desk mount Throttle, VIRPIL VP-L mount Stick, Cougar MFDs, Generic Custom Built Front Panel, Left Panel and Right Panel, 32 Button Steam Deck.