Copy Protection Question

Tango

As I heard it is StarForce, but don't know is it on 110% true. But most probably :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Nobody wants starforce due to it's bad reputation, but touch wood I have never had a problem.

Limited installs is my biggest worry.

Regards

Paul

Many games in Russia are protected with StarForce so I wouldn't say nobody wants StarForce since Russians buy those games. Whatever copy protection they decided to use in the Western release, I hope they'll announce it soon so that I know is this sim worth waiting for.

I never had problems with SF (or I had but didn't think it was by SF, example DVD device death...) so I can't vote againstSF at all.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Aye - No Complaints here.......at least it keeps the Neighbourhood Stray Cat population down to respectable levels!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Many games in Russia are protected with StarForce so I wouldn't say nobody wants StarForce since Russians buy those games. Whatever copy protection they decided to use in the Western release, I hope they'll announce it soon so that I know is this sim worth waiting for.

I personally don't not buy games due to the copy protection, I am just not entirely happy with the fact that some of them CAN (but probably won't) give you grief. I haven't yet tried to do a reinstall of FC, so I am not sure what will happen there.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Personally I would prefer CD-key that has to be checked against their server, like in COD and similiar protections. That kind of protection will simulataneously eliminate any possibility of "nick theft" and could provide cetralized stats, like in BF.

But, I'm sure that they've already decided on that if BS is gone gold...

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

We don't have choice, we waited 2 years for play DCS... i think that if they put Star-force, the people will think... buy or not?? the answer is buy it, because we waited for the magnific Sim...as i said... we don't have choice...

First of all, yes, it is true that some of you have waited Black Shark for two years and probably most of those people will buy it no matter what. However, there are other potential customers too in addition to helicopter sim enthusiasts and lock on fans. I, for example, have waited this game for about a year now and although I'd really like to get my hands dirty with Ka-50, I will not buy BS if it includes too restrictive DRM. I think there are many other people like me who would really like to play a new highly detailed simulator but still regard it as a game that can be ignored if necessary. Simply put: You may have a choice, but I do.

Personally I would prefer CD-key that has to be checked against their server, like in COD and similiar protections. That kind of protection will simulataneously eliminate any possibility of "nick theft" and could provide cetralized stats, like in BF.

But, I'm sure that they've already decided on that if BS is gone gold...

I really hope its such so that we will not need to have dvd in drive to play game. this decision was made in lock on 1.02 and i think i remember Wags telling that this is the way its meant to be.