DCS doesn't want to install

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I want to download dcs but all I get is an error message saying: "Servers are unable to complete your request. Please, try again later.". I've searched on the forums for this error and found 1 other person who got this, but the things in that forum didn't help me. I don't know why I get this error.

Here is a vid of what happens.

2021-06-12_07-07-06_1 (1) (1).mkv

Any help would be appreciated.

On C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\ there should be an autoupdate_log.txt file ... please attach it to your post to gather more clues. Also, check your firewall or antivirus logs, to make sure that they are not impeding access to ED's web servers.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

You're having an SSL error:

00001.120 ERROR: Conection to server 'updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: SSL connect error

Are you using a VPN? If so, try to connect without your VPN and see if things get better.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Solution

SSL is a way to authenticate a distant  PC or a distant server. The most common SSL use is through HTTPS (S is for "secure"). HTTPS relies on SSL certificates, where HTTP relies on... nothing.

Let's say you want to buy something from Amazon. This is how it works: when you browse to "https://amazon.com", your browser asks the Amazon server for an SSL certificate. If all goes well, your browser will display a lock icon next to the URL, which reads "verified by DigiCert Inc." (for instance). This means two things: 1/ your browser trusts DigiCert Inc., 2/ DigiCert Inc. told your browser the web server you're connected to is indeed a real Amazon server.

Back to your DCS updater: it uses HTTPS as well, to ensure you get your DCS files from a real DCS server. Your log basically says: I connected to "https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com" but I couldn't retrieve or interpret the SSL certificate. I cannot authenticate the server, I quit.

Please try rebooting your router:

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 10 months later...
On 6/13/2021 at 1:37 AM, Flappie said:

You're having an SSL error:

00001.120 ERROR: Conection to server 'updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: SSL connect error

Are you using a VPN? If so, try to connect without your VPN and see if things get better.

This seems to be easy to display ON SCREEN - why not do that when its a show stopper -  Just a thought

Edited by marcwoolery