Does anyone else find the Hind will just randomly roll to the right and start plummeting to the ground?

HoneyBadger

This has happened at least 3 times to me now and I'm not sure if it's me or the Hind that's causing it. I find the Hind will just out of no where roll to the right and will not let up, even with full cyclic to the left (and with the trim reset so I can get as much deflection as possible). I know the Hind can very easily tip over when doing a turn but this has happened when I was flying straight and level, and it only happens (at least so far) on the right side, and not left.

Try to slow it down if you can. But a retreating blade stall at low altitude will most likely just end you, your co-pilot and the ugly kids in the back. There will be some sad mothers.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

This has happened to me a few times in the Hind since the release, and it is a retreating blade stall. It can be caused by high speeds, as well as numerous other factors. You are more likely to get one if you have the following conditions. 

Turbulent Airflow

Steep Turns

Low Rotor RPM

High Airspeed

High Gross Weight

Note the last one, High gross weight. I have noticed that people flying the hind just absolutely love to fully load their helis. 

Edited by BioZ

Had it happen yesterday out of a staight and level flight at just around 250kph and it felt absolutely weird from that on. It did roll to the right and push the nose down hard, not reacting to any controls except for collective which (lowered completely) didn't change anything in flight behaviour. But on that same flight I had myself stuck in a RH pirouette turn right on the groung with my pedals hardlocked to full right and it took like a minute or so until it began reacting on my rudder inputs. Guess the same happened with the cyclic and something weird (I'm namecalling you, Satya Nadella!) probably just locked the stick in the forward right corner, I just never looked down at it since I wanted to see if any of my inputs had an actual effect on the thing. It just was one weird sortie...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg