bug with the antidust switch

evanf117

i think i found a bug with the hind, this switch (dust protection) i assume based on the cut out in the top is meant to open then you can flip the switch and close it and the switch is still flipped but when i close it un flips the switch

• Like 4

It seems that the cover isn't modeled correctly, on real world videos as far as I saw it was always without cut out and it makes sense as dust protection is meant to be turned off immediately upon takeoff
That's my thought as well!
Makes sense due to color of the cover and the startup training mission too.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

It's correct as is to me! Just like the other some switches on the DC and AC Power panels.

My thinking is that you don't use Dust Protection during whole flight. You use it only at T/O and landings.

So, I guess this switch cover is made like this on purpose to make very easy to turn off the switch and its cover.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

25 minutes ago, Devrim said:

It's correct as is to me!

Well with this cover model that has cut out it isn't correct, because switch wouldn't be flipped to down position when cover is closed. It is as far as we know 3D model bug, switch cover for dust protection shouldn't have cut out.

• Like 2

It's correct as is to me! Just like the other some switches on the DC and AC Power panels.
My thinking is that you don't use Dust Protection during whole flight. You use it only at T/O and landings.
So, I guess this switch cover is made like this on purpose to make very easy to turn off the switch and its cover.
I agree with the functionality. Did you make it?
But the switch cover's visual appearance is different from the other cyan covers on the power panel. It's the same as the red ones with a notch the keep the switch enabled.
But if it's correct, it is correct!
Cheers!

EDIT: Sniped...
Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Did you make it? emoji4.png

Nope. 🤣

13 minutes ago, XPACT said:

Well with this cover model that has cut out it isn't correct, because switch wouldn't be flipped to down position when cover is closed. It is as far as we know 3D model bug, switch cover for dust protection shouldn't have cut out.

If it was only a 3D model bug, switch would close but we'd see the switch's tip over the cover. If this is a bug, this must be more than a 3D model bug.

It looks like the devs have done this on purpose, but let's see what they will say about that.

💥 By the way, if you watch real Mi-24P videos on the Internet, you'll see the Dust Protection cover which is the same as in DCS: Mi-24P.

Edited by Devrim
  • Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

1 hour ago, Devrim said:

By the way, if you watch real Mi-24P videos on the Internet, you'll see the Dust Protection cover which is the same as in DCS: Mi-24P.

Ok, here is the real world one.

.image.png

And this is the ingame one.

image.png

Look at the cut out...

• Like 2

So? What about are we arguing? 🙂

There isn't any hole or cut(?) in real life cover either. So, switch would mechanically go "off" with cover's move.

IRL and DCS is the same lane now, right?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

eh technically no look at the pictures 😄 the ingame one is open on the 45° degree slope, where as the picture from the real one is not.
Also if you would close the cover with the in game one it would remain on because of the cutout is where the switch would be.
How can you not see that :-)

• Like 1